ÉPICERIE GOUT D’AFRIQUE based in Montréal, QC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Grocery clerk who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job.
Employer Name: ÉPICERIE GOUT D’AFRIQUE
Position: Grocery clerk
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $16.50 hourly / 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Montréal, QC
- The candidate will be expected to bag, box, or parcel customer purchases for shipment or delivery.
- The candidate will be required to obtain items from a shelf or stockroom for customers.
- The candidate will be expected to direct customers to the location of the desired articles.
- The candidate must unpack products received from the store and count, weigh, or sort items.
- The candidate must maintain a computerised stock inventory.
- The candidate will be expected to keep track of incoming stock.
- The candidate will be responsible for stocking shelves and displaying items.
- The candidate will be expected to keep stock clean and orderly.
- The candidate will be expected to price items using a stamp or sticker in accordance with the price list.
- The candidate must be able to operate a cash register.
- The candidate will be expected to pick orders.
- The candidate must provide excellent customer service.
- The candidate should be fluent in French language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 7 months to less than 1 year of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs).
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate must have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate must be well-organized.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate will be expected to work in the Produce department as well as the Supermarket/grocery store.
Security and safety
- The candidate must be bondable.
- The candidate’s driving record should be thoroughly checked (abstract).
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to walk for long periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Health care plan.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience