Great Northern Hydroponics based in Kingsville, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Greenhouse manager who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, On Call, Flexible Hours and Morning.
Employer Name: Great Northern Hydroponics
Position: Greenhouse manager
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $100,000 annually for 40 to 50 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Kingsville, ON
- The candidate will be in charge of deleafing.
- The candidate will be in charge of cleaning the greenhouse.
- The candidate will be in charge of harvesting seedlings.
- The candidate will be in charge of suckering.
- The candidate will be required to choose the type and quantity of stock to grow.
- The candidate will be expected to create and maintain the required environment.
- The candidate will be expected to create work schedules.
- The candidate must hire, train, and supervise staff.
- The candidate must identify and control insect, disease, and weed problems.
- The candidate will be responsible for ordering materials and stock.
- The candidate must organise and direct greenhouse and nursery operations.
- The candidate will be expected to supervise staff in planting, transplanting, feeding, and spraying.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a College/CEGEP diploma or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have a Chemical application certificate or licence.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The candidate must be able to work in hot conditions.
Experience and specialization
Type of crops
- Crops include blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- Health and Long term benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits and Life insurance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.