Tri-Star Seafood Supply Ltd. based in Richmond, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Fish processing labourer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Term or contract or Full time job.
Employer Name: Tri-Star Seafood Supply Ltd.
Position: Fish processing labourer
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $16.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Term or contract, Full time
Location: Richmond, BC
- The candidate will be required to unload fish and shellfish from fishing vessels and transport them by hand or forklift truck to the work area.
- The candidate will be responsible for transporting fish and shellfish to the work area.
- The candidate must condition fish fillets for wrapping or freezing.
- The candidate must weigh fish or shellfish, record the weight, and pack the fish in ice.
- The candidate will be expected to clean machines and surrounding work areas.
- The candidate must measure and dump ingredients into the hoppers of mixing and grinding machines.
- The candidate will be expected to sort fish based on species, weight, and destination.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate should be flexible.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work Site Environment
- The candidate must work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- The candidate must be able to work in wet/damp, hot, and cold/refrigerated conditions.
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be willing to relocate to the specified location.
Security and Safety
- The candidate must be bondable.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- Health and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan and Vision care benefits.
- In addition to the Health benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive free parking.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.