Rol-land Farms and Greenhouses Inc. based in Blenheim, ON, is looking for farm supervisor with 1 vacancy. The ones chosen to be employed will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to that of permanent employment and a full time job.
Employer Name: Rol-land Farms and Greenhouses Inc.
Position: Farm Supervisor
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $20.50 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Blenheim, ON
- Will be required to maintain production records and quality control.
- Will be required to supervise and co-ordinate the work of harvesting laborers and general farm workers.
- Will be required to develop work schedules and establish procedures.
- Will be required to oversee and supervise growing and other craft related operations.
- Will be needed to ensure your farm safety and see that bio security procedures are followed.
- Will be required to work outdoors in noisy dusty and hot climatic conditions.
- The types of farm operations will include corn farming, soybean farming, wheat farming and horticultural field crop.
- Will be needed to perform general farm duties.
- Will be required to operate and maintain farm equipment and machinery.
- Will be needed to maintain work logs and records.
- Will be needed to hire and train staff.
- Needs to handle the crops like soya beans tomatoes and seed corn.
- No degree, certificate or diploma is required.
- Should have an experience of 1 year to less than 2 years.
- Should have equipment and machinery handling experience that of vegetable or fruit harvester
should have knowledge about working in a tractor.
- Should have knowledge about harvesting equipment and automated irrigation system.
- Should have the ability to supervise around 11 to 15 people.
- Will be required to work in a rural area and a remote location with staff accommodation available and hence should be comfortable with it.
- Should be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Should be able to work under pressure.
- Should pay attention to detail.
- The work will be physically demanding with the combination of sitting and Standing and walking and hence should be comfortable with it.
- Should be comfortable working a large workload.
- Should provide agricultural crop services such as irrigation, cultivating, ploughing, harvesting or spraying.
- Should have specialization in soybean farming.
- Should be a team player and very well organized.
- Should be excellence in harvesting Seedling and green house cleaning.
- Should know English.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in applying, apply through the given mail.