Vancouver Art Gallery based in 750 Hornby Street, Vancouver, BC V6Z 2H7 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Director, museum who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day and Flexible Hours.
Employer Name: Vancouver Art Gallery
Position: Director, museum
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $130,000 annually for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 750 Hornby Street, Vancouver, BC V6Z 2H7
Budgetary responsibility: $100,001 – $500,000
- The candidate will be expected to recruit, train, and supervise employees.
- The candidate will be expected to create and manage policies and programmes.
- The candidate will be expected to create budgets and track revenues and expenses.
- The candidate will be expected to carry out the duties of a librarian, archivist, or curator.
- The candidate will be responsible for planning, organising, directing, controlling, and evaluating daily operations.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Museology/museum studies, as well as art history, criticism, and conservation.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be able to supervise 5 to 10 people.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- Health and Long term benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan, Paramedical services coverage and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits, Life insurance and Pension plan.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.