Glidex Delivery and Janitorial Services based in Dartmouth, NS is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Delivery driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend, Overtime and Morning. The position of Delivery driver has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: Glidex Delivery and Janitorial Services
Position: Delivery driver
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $18.00 hourly / 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Dartmouth, NS
- The candidate will be required to operate and drive automobiles, vans, and light trucks in order to pick up and deliver various items and products.
- The candidate will be expected to maintain professionalism in customer service.
- The candidate must receive and relay information to central dispatch.
- The candidate must load and unload goods.
- The candidate must use maps and other trip planning tools.
- The candidate will be required to keep track of trip details such as vehicle mileage, fuel costs, and any issues that arise.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 9 kg (20 lbs).
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a rural area.
Experience and specialization
- The candidate must have prior travel experience in the local area.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check as well as a driving record check (abstract).
- Employer will provide the vehicle.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.