MAV Wood Working Corp. based in Bolton, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Cabinetmaker who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The candidate will be required to work from 08:00 to 17:00.
Employer Name: MAV Wood Working Corp.
No. of vacancies: 3
Salary: $24.50 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Bolton, ON
- The candidate will be required to apply varnish, veneer, stain, or polish to finished products.
- The candidate will be required to study plans, specifications, or drawings of articles to be manufactured, or to prepare specifications.
- The candidate will be required to use woodworking machines and hand tools to cut, shape, and form parts and components.
- The candidate will be required to trim joints, fit parts and subassemblies together to form a complete unit, and reinforce joints.
- The candidate will be required to sand wooden surfaces and apply veneer, stain, or polish to finished products.
- The candidate will be required to prepare and apply laminated plastics.
- The candidate will be expected to train apprentices.
- The candidate will be expected to keep the workplace clean and safe.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must possess a secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate must be well-organized.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight more than 45 kg (100 lbs).
Area of Specialization
- The candidate must be knowledgeable about doors and door frames, cabinets, built-in units, and furniture and cabinet remodelling.
- The candidate will be required to work in a residential and custom cabinet shop.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots.
- For transportation, the candidate should use their own vehicle.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be willing to work in standing position for extended periods.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in bending, crouching and kneeling positions.
Work Location Information
- The candidate will be required to work in the shop.
- The candidate should be willing to relocate to the given location.
- The selected candidate’s relocation expenses will not be covered by the employer.
- The selected candidate will receive free parking and team building opportunities as part of their compensation package.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.