Truck driver, flatbed
Hunt Trucking LTD. based in Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Truck driver, flatbed who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening and Night.
Employer Name: Hunt Trucking LTD.
Position: Truck driver, flatbed
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $1,700 to $5,000 bi-weekly (to be negotiated) 40 to 70 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON
- The candidate will be expected to maintain professionalism in customer service.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have an AZ class licence, an Air Brake (Z) endorsement, and a valid driver’s licence (Class 1 or A).
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about Accident or incident reports, Bill of lading, Driver logbook, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Maintenance and repair reports and Trip reports.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- Trucking and equipment types include flatbed and tractor-trailer.
- The candidate must have long-haul transportation experience.
- The candidate must be knowledgeable about provincial or territorial regions.
Security and safety
- The candidate’s driving record should be thoroughly checked (abstract).
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence.
- The candidate must be willing to travel for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to travel overnight.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must have a hard hat, steel-toed safety boots, and tools.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive a Bonus and Mileage reimbursement.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.