Magcrete Logistics Corporation based in King City, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, On Call, Flexible Hours, Early Morning and Morning. The position of Truck driver has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: Magcrete Logistics Corporation
Position: Truck driver
No. of vacancies: 11
Salary: $30.00 hourly / 37.5 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: King City, ON
- The candidate must drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- The candidate must load and unload goods.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate must perform brake adjustments.
- The candidate will be required to perform roadside emergency repairs.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be expected to perform preventive maintenance.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 45 kg (100 lbs).
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
Experience and specialization
- The candidate must be knowledgeable about driver logbooks, inspection reports (pre-trip, en-route, and post-trip), maintenance and repair reports, and trip reports.
Type of trucking and equipment
- The trucking and equipment type is concrete mixing.
Communication systems experience
- The candidate must be familiar with Citizens Band (CB) radio.
- The candidate must be able to use GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation devices.
- The candidate must have long-haul and short-haul transportation experience.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal record check, driving licence validity check, driving record check (abstract), and drug test.
- The candidate’s travel expenses will be covered by the employer.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence.
- The candidate must be willing to travel for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to travel overnight.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
39 Cadden Court
King City, ON