Orange Seeds Montessori Centre based in Oakville, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Teacher, daycare who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job.
Employer Name: Orange Seeds Montessori Centre
Position: Teacher, daycare
No. of vacancies: 3
Salary: $22.00 to $27.00 hourly (to be negotiated) 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Oakville, ON
- The candidate must bathe, diaper, and feed infants and toddlers.
- The candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children.
- The candidate will be in charge of storytelling.
- The candidate will be expected to lead activities such as telling or reading stories, teaching songs, and taking children to local attractions.
- The candidate will be expected to place orders for supplies and equipment.
- The candidate will be expected to assist early childhood educators in implementing programmes that promote children’s physical, cognitive, emotional, and social development.
- The candidate will be expected to assist early childhood educators or supervisors in maintaining records.
- The candidate will be expected to engage children in activities such as storytelling, song teaching, and craft preparation.
- The candidate must guide and assist children in developing proper eating, dressing, and toilet habits.
- The candidate will be responsible for maintaining daycare equipment as well as assisting with housekeeping and cooking duties.
- The candidate will be expected to observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and to prepare reports for parents, guardians, or supervisors.
- The candidate will be required to submit written observations on children to early childhood educators or supervisors.
- The candidate will be expected to discuss the children’s progress and problems at staff meetings.
- The candidate will be expected to assess children’s abilities, interests, and needs and to discuss progress and problems with parents and other staff members.
- The candidate will be required to attend staff meetings to discuss children’s progress and problems.
- The candidate must develop and maintain collaborative relationships with coworkers and community service providers who work with children.
- The candidate will be expected to plan and maintain an environment that protects children’s health, safety, and well-being.
- The candidate must supervise and coordinate the activities of other early childhood educators and early childhood educator assistants.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate or diploma in other trades.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be able to supervise 1 to 2 people.
- The candidate must have a Montessori Early Childhood Teacher Certificate.
- The candidate must be punctual.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be flexible.
- The candidate must be interpersonally aware.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate must work in a child care centre.
Security and safety
- The candidate should have their Immunization records.
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough Vulnerable sector check.
- The candidate has access to public transportation.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- Health and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Health care plan, Paramedical services coverage and Vision care benefits.
- In addition to the Health benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Free parking, Employer-paid learning/training, On-site daycare facilities and Travel insurance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Proof of the requested certifications