Community Living Tillsonburg based in Tillsonburg, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Support worker – social services who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Term or contract or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Flexible Hours and To be determined.
Employer Name: Community Living Tillsonburg
Position: Support worker – social services
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $18.50 hourly 80 hours bi-weekly
Employment type: Term or contract, Full time
Location: Tillsonburg, ON
Student status: Full time enrollment
- The candidate will be in charge of administrative and office tasks.
- The candidate must assess the client’s relevant skill strengths and development needs.
- The candidate will be in charge of housekeeping duties.
- The candidate will be in charge of food preparation.
- The candidate will be expected to resolve conflict situations.
- The candidate must supervise the activities of clients living in group homes and halfway houses.
- The candidate will be expected to communicate with other social service agencies and health care providers involved with clients.
- The candidate must assist clients/guests with special needs.
- The candidate must accompany clients to appointments and social outings.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- The candidate must have completed Developmental services worker�(DSW)�Training, a Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) Certificate, a First Aid Certificate, and a CPR Certificate.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs).
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The work environment includes socioeconomic requirements or conditions (housing, nutrition, unemployment, financial assistance).
- The candidate will be required to work in a group home, a social service or charity agency, and a private residence.
- The candidate will be required to work in the employer’s or client’s home.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
Experience and specialization
- The primary audience includes people with intellectual disabilities as well as those with mental health issues.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal record check, child abuse registry check, driver’s licence validity check, and adult abuse registry check.
- The candidate must have their own vehicle.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence.
- Financial and Long term benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive benefits in accordance with the collective agreement, as well as Mileage reimbursement.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive additional benefits.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
96 Tillson Ave
Please include the following while sending the application
- Job reference number- 100
- Cover letter