Personnel by Prostaff based in Windsor, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Support Worker – Social Services who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. PROSTAFF is an award-winning full-service staffing firm that specialises in workplace management solutions and services, as well as temporary, contract, and professional placements. Our experience, dedication to excellence, and ethical and professional standards are unrivalled in the industry.
Relationship building is vital to the long success of our company. We believe that when we are all working towards the same goal of listening to and identifying the needs of individuals as well as the company’s specific criteria, both customers and candidates are better served. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Term or contract or Full time job. The shift timings include Day and Evening.
Employer Name: Personnel by Prostaff
Position: Support Worker – Social Services
No. of vacancies: 3
Salary: $19.50 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Term or contract, Full time
Location: Windsor, ON
Target Audience: Elderly
- The candidate would be in charge of resolving conflicts.
- The candidate will be in charge of housekeeping duties.
- The candidate will be responsible for reviewing client background information, interviewing clients to obtain case histories, and preparing intake reports.
- The candidate will be expected to assess the relevant skill strengths and needs of clients.
- The candidate will be responsible for determining the eligibility of clients for social benefits and providing information about social assistance programmes.
- The candidate will be responsible for assisting clients in locating community services such as housing, employment, transportation, medical or legal assistance, and more.
- The candidate would be in charge of responding to crises and providing emergency shelter services.
- The candidate would be in charge of meeting with clients on a regular basis to assess their progress, discuss any difficulties they are experiencing, and offer solutions.
- The candidate would be in charge of creating and maintaining client records and files. Preparing notes, case documents, and reports is part of this.
- The candidate would be in charge of supervising volunteers and leading training sessions.
- The candidate would be in charge of gathering data for statistics and research.
- The candidate would be in charge of counselling clients living in group homes and halfway houses, supervising their activities, and assisting with pre-release and post-release planning.
- The candidate must take part in the selection and admission of clients to appropriate programmes.
- The candidate will be required to implement life skills workshops, substance abuse treatment programs, behaviour management programs, youth services programs and other community and social service programs under the supervision of social services or health care professionals
- The candidate will be expected to help evaluate the efficacy of treatment programmes by tracking clients’ behavioural changes and responses to interventions.
- The candidate must advise and assist recipients of social assistance and pensions.
- The candidate will be expected to implement and organise the delivery of specific community services.
- The candidate will be expected to maintain contact with other social service agencies and health care providers involved with clients in order to provide information and obtain feedback on the overall progress of the clients.
- The candidate will be responsible for coordinating the volunteer activities of human service organisations, health care facilities, and arts and sports organisations.
- The candidate will be expected to follow-up on appointments, community activities, and forms to ensure they are completed correctly.
- The candidate will be expected to assist individuals in becoming more self-sufficient in their own homes and communities, in accordance with established procedures and protocols.
- The candidate will be expected to teach and assist individuals with activities such as grooming, basic cooking, money management, shopping, household safety, and pet care, as well as ensure the individuals’ safety.
- The candidate will be expected to carry out delegated tasks as directed by professionals, such as administering medication to individuals in accordance with doctor’s orders, while adhering to established policies and individual care plans.
- The candidate should be fluent in English
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 1 year or less than 7 months of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate should have good interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature and have the ability to adapt to change.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be optimistic.
- The candidate should be confident.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate must have excellent written, oral, and verbal communication skills.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should be customer-oriented and friendly.
- The candidate should be willing to travel.
- The candidate should be confident.
- The candidate should be a good listener.
- The candidate should have strong organisational and observation skills for monitoring the progress of their client programs
- The candidate should be proactive and capable of developing initiatives to address community concerns.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting, standing and walking positions.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be patient when it comes to assisting others and resolving their physical, social, or emotional issues.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills for coordinating one’s daily activities
- A candidate with a background in physical therapy, social work, or education is preferred.
- The candidate must have knowledge and experience in behaviour management, as well as the ability to interact effectively with individuals.
- The candidate will be required to work in Community centre
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.