Meubles Delta Inc. based in Saint-Léonard, QC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Production upholsterer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The candidate will be required to work the day shift from 07:15 a.m. to 16:00 p.m. The position of Production upholsterer has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: Meubles Delta Inc.
Position: Production upholsterer
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $16.00 to $23.00 hourly (to be negotiated) / 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Saint-Léonard, QC
- The candidate must lay out, cut, fabricate, and install upholstery.
- The candidate will be required to tack, glue, or sew ornamental trim, braids, or buttons.
- The candidate must garnish the bottom and back of a seat with interoven rattan.
- The candidate should be fluent in French language.
- The candidate must have a certificate or diploma in other trades.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in a related industry.
Experience and specialization
Type of materials
- The materials used are leather and rotin/rattan.
Type of industry experience
- The candidate must have prior industry experience in a furniture and fixtures manufacturing company as well as a furniture upholstery and repair shop.
Specialization or experience
- The candidate must be knowledgeable about furniture.
- The candidate has access to public transportation.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be able to distinguish between colours.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate must have their own tools.
- Health, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Health care plan and Paramedical services coverage.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits, Life insurance and Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP).
- In addition to the Health and Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Free parking, Parking facilities and Travel insurance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.