Ocean Choice International based in St. Lawrence, NL is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Plant worker, fish who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Seasonal employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Overtime, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Ocean Choice International
Position: Plant worker, fish
No. of vacancies: 50
Salary: $17.00 hourly for 30 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Seasonal employment, Full time
Location: St. Lawrence, NL
- The candidate will be required to cut, clean, and trim fish or seafood prior to marketing or further processing.
- The candidate must scrape away scales, cut fish, separate fillets, and remove scrap parts with a knife.
- The candidate will be required to inspect fish fillets to determine the optimal number and size of fillet sections, cut sections according to specifications, and place them in a container for weighing.
- The candidate will be responsible for inspecting products and packaging for defects, ensuring conformance to company standards, and performing corrective machine adjustments as needed.
- The candidate will be required to record production information.
- The candidate will be in charge of setting up and operating machines used to can, bag, box, or otherwise package fish and seafood products.
- The candidate will be required to set up and use equipment to clean, cut, cook, smoke, brine, dehydrate, or otherwise process fish or seafood products.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The candidate must work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- The candidate must be able to work in cold/refrigerated and wet/damp conditions.
- The candidate must be willing to relocate to the specified location.
Experience and specialization
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must be familiar with fish cleaning and cutting machines, fish products machines, and shellfish processing machines.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options
Please include the following while sending the application
- Job reference number- 02OCI – 260922