Rapid Healthcare Inc based in Hamilton, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Personal support worker – home support who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Term or contract or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, On Call, Flexible Hours, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Rapid Healthcare Inc
Position: Personal support worker – home support
No. of vacancies: 50
Salary: $27.00 hourly / 35 hours per week
Employment type: Term or contract, Full time
Location: Hamilton, ON
- The candidate must provide bedside and personal care.
- The candidate will be expected to assist clients in water (i.e. pool)
- The candidate will be expected to assist clients with bathing and other personal hygiene tasks.
- The candidate will be expected to assist in regular exercise, such as walking.
- The candidate must change non-sterile dressings.
- The candidate must feed or assist in feeding.
- The candidate must perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties.
- The candidate must provide companionship.
- The candidate must provide personal care.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate of secondary (high) school graduation or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 7 months to less than 1 year of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have a CPR certificate, a First Aid Certificate, a Health Care Aide Certificate, and a Personal Support Worker Certificate.
- The candidate must be able to lift weights of up to 9 kg (20 lbs) and 23 kg (50 lbs).
Work site environment
- The work environment is smoke-free.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a rural area.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
- The candidate must work in the employer’s/client’s home.
- The candidate must be willing to relocate to the specified location.
Experience and specialization
- The target audiences include adults, the elderly, females, males, people with disabilities, people with intellectual disabilities, and people with physical disabilities.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check.
- The candidate must provide valid reference information.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to walk for long periods of time.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- Health and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan and Health care plan.
- In addition to the Health benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Free parking, Employer-paid learning/training, On-site amenities and Parking facilities.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Proof of the requested certifications