TORONTO RESEARCH CHEMICALS INC. based in North York, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Organic Chemist who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. TRC was created in 1982 to develop and deliver specialised complicated organic small molecules to researchers in the biomedical sciences that were not otherwise commercially available. TRC now employs over 450 full-time employees, with around 250 of them holding Ph.D.s or MScs, and operates out of 120,000 square feet of space in Toronto, Canada, which includes 19 production laboratories.
TRC now has over 350,000 products in its catalogue, with a large inventory available for rapid distribution. TRC will produce new and known compounds based on customer orders if stock is unavailable. Toronto Research Chemicals works with scientists from more than 120 nations throughout the world. The catalogue also features a diverse range of products, such as analytical standards, natural products APIS, impurities & metabolites, and over 21,000 stable labelled standards. These products are used in a variety of applications, including forensic science, environmental analysis, and pharmaceutical and medicinal research and development. We specialise in supplying high-quality bio-chemicals in custom pack sizes to meet any quantity requirement. A professional customer service team that is dedicated to ensuring customer satisfaction and technical support. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job.
Employer Name: TORONTO RESEARCH CHEMICALS INC.
Position: Organic Chemist
No. of vacancies: 25
Salary: $68,000 to $88,000 annually for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: North York, ON
- The candidate must be able to analyse, synthesise, purify, modify, and characterise chemical or biochemical compounds.
- The candidate will be expected to develop and carry out analysis programmes to ensure the quality control of raw materials, chemical intermediates, or final products.
- The candidate will be expected to conduct research to develop novel chemical formulations and processes, as well as devise new technical uses for industrial chemicals and compounds.
- The candidate will be expected to conduct research into the synthesis and properties of chemical compounds and the mechanisms of chemical reactions
- The candidate will be expected to conduct research to discover, develop, refine and evaluate new products such as those used in nanomedicine, nanoelectronics and other applications of chemistry
- The candidate will be responsible for supervising other chemists.
- The candidate will be expected to serve as a technical consultant in a specific field of expertise.
- The candidate will be required to participate in the commercialization of new products.
- The candidate will be responsible for preparing test solutions, compounds, and reagents for testing, as well as advising and coordinating test procedures.
- The candidate will be required to determine chemical and physical properties, compositions, structures, relationships, and reactions of organic and inorganic compounds.
- The candidate will be required to prepare standards and specifications for processes, tests, and products, as well as write technical papers and reports.
- The candidate will be in charge of evaluating and ensuring that laboratory safety procedures and standards are followed.
- The candidate will be in charge of conducting difficult research experiments.
- The candidate will be in charge of collaborating with scientists and engineers in order to analyse, interpret, and develop tests.
- The candidate will be in charge of inducing reactions by introducing heat, light, energy, and chemical catalysts into chemical substances.
- The candidate will be in charge of keeping laboratory instruments in good working order, troubleshooting malfunctions, and purchasing new laboratory supplies.
- The candidate will be in charge of creating, improving, and personalising products, equipment, formulas, processes, and analytical methods.
- The candidate should be fluent in English
- The candidate must have a doctorate degree as a minimum qualification.
- Previous experience is not mandatory.
- The candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The candidate should have exceptional presentation and reporting skills
- The candidate should have great analytical and problem-solving skills
- The candidate should have excellent research and data gathering skills
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have good interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be accurate
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about computers and scientific equipment.
- The candidate should have excellent technical skills.
- The candidate should have leadership skills to take control of a situation and make quick decisions when necessary
- The candidate should approach work activities methodically.
- The candidate should be a good listener.
- The candidate must be willing to take on new responsibilities and challenges.
- The candidate must be capable of developing one’s own methods of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and relying on oneself to complete tasks.
- The candidate must be willing to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and guidance.
- The candidate should be able to accept criticism while remaining calm and effective in high-stress situations.
- The candidate should pay close attention to what others are saying, take time to understand the points being made, ask questions as needed, and refrain from interrupting at inappropriate times.
- The candidate should monitor or assess the performance of themselves, other people, or organisations in order to improve or take corrective action.
- The candidate will be required to use Instrumentation and Crystallography techniques
Specializations in Chemistry
- The candidate should be specialised in Synthetic and Crystallography
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks
- Health and Long term benefits would be provided to the selected candidates.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidates would get Health care plan, Disability benefits and Dental plan.
- Under Long term Benefits, the selected candidates would get Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP) and Other benefits
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.