Penmarvin Retirement Home based in Paris, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Nurse aide who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Penmarvin Retirement Home
Position: Nurse aide
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $22.60 hourly for 30 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Paris, ON
- The candidate will be responsible for supplying and emptying bed pans.
- The candidate will be required to take the blood pressure, temperature, and pulse of patients.
- The candidate must serve meal trays and feed patients.
- The candidate will be required to deliver messages, reports, requisitions, and specimens between departments.
- The candidate will be responsible for making beds and maintaining patient rooms.
- The candidate will be expected to supervise the exercise routines of patients.
- The candidate must administer suppositories, colonic irrigations, and enemas.
- The candidate will be expected to keep a supply inventory.
- The candidate will be responsible for bathing, dressing, and grooming patients.
- The candidate will be required to assist with the setup and maintenance of traction equipment, cleaning or sterilising equipment, maintaining and repairing equipment, and assembling, setting up, and operating job-related equipment.
- The candidate must transport patients between care facilities.
- The candidate must transport patients in a wheelchair or stretcher.
- The candidate will be expected to respond to call signals.
- The candidate will be required to collect specimens.
- The candidate must prepare patients for surgery by washing, shaving, and sterilising surgical areas.
- The candidate will be expected to accompany patients on outings and other recreational activities, as well as perform other duties related to patient care and comfort.
- The candidate will be required to administer first aid in emergency situations.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must have a First Aid Certificate and a CPR Certificate.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs).
- The candidate will be required to work in a retirement home.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter