OneSky Community Resources based in Penticton, BC is looking suitable candidates for the position of Medical Office Assistant who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. By providing exceptional services that are accessible and welcoming to all, OneSky helps to build stronger, more resilient communities, families, and individuals. Every day, we help hundreds of people in dozens of communities achieve dignity, resilience, and well-being at all stages of life. Our knowledgeable and caring professionals, educators, caregivers, service personnel, counsellors, and volunteers offer a wide range of life-changing programmes and services.
We also connect people to the many other important resources in our community. Our goal is to create a path forward for everyone, guided by our core belief that we’re all in this together, living under a single sky. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to permanent employment or full time job. The shift schedules still to be determined
Employer Name: OneSky Community Resources
Position: Medical Office Assistant
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $23.10 to $25.56 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Penticton, BC
- The candidate should be able to schedule and confirm appointments.
- The candidate will be required to greet people and direct them to contacts or service areas
- The candidate would be in charge of answering phones and forwarding phone calls and messages.
- The candidate will be expected to collect and process data in order to provide services.
- The candidate will be expected to keep work records and logs.
- The candidate will be expected to accurately update and maintain the health records of patients.
- The candidate will be responsible for verifying insurance coverage and assisting the billing department with claim processing.
- The candidate will be expected to assist patients with appointment rescheduling and other scheduling issues.
- The candidate will be responsible for answering patients’ questions and providing quality customer service.
- The candidate must work with doctors and nurses to assist with medical examinations, schedule tests, and order supplies.
- The candidate will be expected to ensure that procedures are followed.
- The candidate will be expected to manage inventory and place orders as needed.
- The candidate will be required to transcribe all treatment-related notes and documents.
- The candidate will handle all payments, bank papers, and accounts receivable.
- The candidate will be responsible for establishing and maintaining records management systems. This includes file classification and coding, as well as electronic and hardcopy files.
- The candidate must be able to use office equipment. Voice mail messaging systems, photocopiers, fax machines, and document scanners are examples of such devices.
- The candidate will be required to validate clients’ payment methods and medical aid coverage.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 1 to 2 years of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate should be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be authentic.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate must be able to complete complex administrative tasks with minimal supervision
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have leadership skills to take control of a situation and make quick decisions when necessary
- The candidate must be able to work with sensitive information.
- The candidate would be in charge of handling confidential information
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about medical and insurance legislation.
- The candidate must have excellent computer literacy and experience with healthcare recording systems.
- The candidate must be able to maintain accuracy while performing multiple tasks or working under pressure.
- The candidate should be able to closely and accurately follow instructions.
- The candidate should be able to establish a professional relationship with patients and ensure their trust in you.
- The candidate should be able to effectively deal with the difficult behaviours that people in distress can exhibit at times.
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- The candidate should be proficient in handling Electronic medical records.
- The candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Word, Windows, Excel, Office, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook.
- The candidate having hands on experience in Spreadsheet is an added advantage
- The candidate will be required to work in Associations and non profit organizations and Health care institution, facility or clinic.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure and handle difficult situations in a calm manner.
- The candidate should be willing to work sitting and walking positions for extended periods.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed.
Work Location Information
- The candidate will be required to work in Urban area.
- Health and long-term benefits would be provided to the selected candidates.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidates would get Health care plan, Dental plan, Vision care benefits and Paramedical services coverage
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidates would get Pension plan
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Job reference number- UPC 2022 03 30 MOA
- Cover letter