Hydro One based in Toronto, ON, CA is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Manager, Business Management who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Hydro One is proud to serve nearly 1.5 million customers as Ontario’s largest electricity transmission and distribution provider. We have a long history in the industry, dating back more than 110 years to 1906. Since then, we’ve worked to expand and evolve in order to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we are focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring that the communities in which we live, work, and play are safe. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment and Full time job.
Employer Name: Hydro One
Position: Manager, Business Management
No. of vacancies: 8
Salary: $119,488/ Annualy
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
- The candidate will be required to work closely with a variety of groups within the Company on several aspects of the annual programme development and delivery function, including investment plan, business plan, budget, business case approvals, and planning activities focusing on the integration of system and technology plans with the goals, objectives, budgets, and strategies of the various line organisations.
- The candidate will be in charge of how the business evolves as a result of the implementation of new technology.
- The candidate will be expected to collaborate with the Department’s other direct reports and stakeholders from lines of business to integrate diverse requests for technology changes in relation to strategies and objectives, evaluate options, and synthesise optimal specifications and timely plans for enhancements to the technology platform.
- The candidate will be expected to coordinate stakeholders in order to reach an agreement on requirements that will be translated into business applications.
- The candidate will be expected to facilitate the documentation of these requirements, to ensure that projects remain aligned with business strategies and requirements, and to account for ongoing sustainability impacts in a proactive manner.
- The candidate will be required to collaborate with other utilities, regulatory bodies, professional services organisations, system software vendors, and key stakeholders both inside and outside of Canada to ensure the timely and cost-effective delivery of the appropriate scope of projects in the best interests of the company, as well as to persuade these other parties to take appropriate action.
- The candidate will be expected to communicate with specialists both within and outside the company in order to exchange data and consult on topics of mutual interest, as well as to incorporate recommendations into overall strategies and programme plans.
- At key stages of work development, the candidate will be required to provide progress reports to the supervisor and stakeholders.
- The candidate must manage staff involved in the development and implementation of complex projects.
- The candidate will be expected to plan, schedule, and assign work, as well as provide guidance and check work to ensure quality, accuracy, and productivity.
- Where alternative solutions are available, the candidate will be required to choose the best course of action and make recommendations to the supervisor.
- The candidate will be responsible for managing staffing needs, the interview/selection process, staff development, adherence to HR/Corporate policies, and department budget administration.
- The candidate will be responsible for monitoring work progress and quality, conducting performance reviews, and providing guidance on problem areas.
- The candidate will be expected to make effective recommendations to the supervisor regarding promotions, transfers, pay, disciplinary action, and other aspects of staff within the department in accordance with collective agreements.
- The candidate must create succession plans and provide on-the-job staff development.
- The candidate must monitor and recommend changes in order to control and meet targets.
- The candidate will be expected to participate actively in highly complex multi-year projects aimed at implementing required new functions, system evolution, and technology refreshment supporting multiple lines of business within the Company.
- The candidate will be responsible for managing several small to medium-sized projects, as well as estimating, planning, and supervising an entire programme of in-scope projects being implemented by other project managers, technical staff, and service providers.
- The candidate will be expected to contribute to the development and implementation of Project Management best practises within the Program Management Office.
- The candidate will be expected to facilitate the application of standards, methodologies, and architectures in collaboration with other areas of ISD.
- The candidate will be responsible for leading and coordinating the review and evaluation of proposals, as well as negotiating contracts with external stakeholders and contract changes, project change orders, work schedules, and requirement changes as needed to meet project objectives.
- The candidate will be expected to manage and maintain project plans, develop action plans for issues, track risk mitigation plans, and make recommendations as needed to move the project forward.
- The candidate must check project and project status documentation for integrity, accuracy, and timeliness.
- The candidate will be required to report on project status and metrics to external and internal stakeholders, including progress, earned value metrics, baseline, forecast and actual dates, costs, and scope.
- The candidate will be expected to create and maintain a project library, as well as coordinate the collection and filing of project documentation for audit and continuous improvement purposes.
- The candidate will be expected to manage and motivate project staff and contractors in order to deliver project methodology results on time and within budget.
- To achieve the desired results, the candidate will be required to negotiate and influence the behaviour of vendors and service providers.
- The candidate will be expected to communicate and translate Hydro One strategies and direction to staff, contractors, and vendors in order to align project objectives with the Strategy’s goals.
- The candidate will be expected to create team alignment among staff, contractors, and vendor personnel from various backgrounds, many of whom will be working together for the first time during the course of a project.
- The candidate must demonstrate business acumen by translating technical options into business goals.
- The candidate will be expected to resolve technical, business, and personnel issues, as well as escalate unresolved issues to supervisors in a timely manner.
Accountability for the output of others
- The candidate will be expected to set appropriate expectations, priorities, and context for subordinates (i.e., Corporate , Operating , Customer and Work and Asset Management objectives, strategies and policies, accountabilities, tasks, budget and programs, compliance and performance targets, expectations for continuous improvement, etc.).
- The candidate will be expected to collaborate with supervising subordinates to develop an effective framework of policies and procedures for the unit’s work.
- The candidate will be expected to understand and ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements, as well as all HydroOne corporate and business unit policies and procedures, and generally accepted business practises.
- The candidate will be expected to establish a two-way working relationship with subordinates in order to solicit their feedback on working conditions and potential changes, as well as to identify opportunities for continuous improvement programmes.
Maintaining a team that is capable of producing the outputs required
- The candidate will be expected to contribute to the development and implementation of a staffing strategy for the Work and Asset Management POD Family that will ensure the long-term sustainability of the high expertise resources required for this function.
- The candidate must develop and mentor subordinates, as well as implement other strategies to ensure a smooth succession.
- The candidate must ensure that the staff is capable and willing to produce the desired output.
- The candidate must assess staff capability to perform the required work now and in the future.
- The candidate must conduct staff performance reviews in order to improve staff effectiveness.
- The candidate must provide a safe and healthy working environment.
- The candidate must provide appropriate knowledge, skills, information, work procedures, and equipment to staff in order to facilitate responsible behaviour that protects their safety and contributes to their health.
- The candidate will be expected to provide a work environment and facilities in which incidents involving health and safety are minimised and employees are not dissatisfied.
- The candidate must provide a work environment that promotes and values diversity and is free of harassment.
- The candidate will be expected to understand and ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements, corporate business unit and local policies and procedures, and generally accepted practises related to their work are followed by their subordinates.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should have strong presentation skills.
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate must have excellent written, oral, and verbal communication skills
- The candidate must have strong analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate
- The candidate should have leadership skills to take control of a situation and make quick decisions when necessary
- The candidate should have strong critical thinking skills.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options