Maintenance worker, building
Johnston Packers (1995) LTD. based in Chilliwack, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Maintenance worker, building who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Overtime, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Johnston Packers (1995) LTD.
Position: Maintenance worker, building
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $19.06 to $23.70 hourly (to be negotiated) 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Chilliwack, BC
- The candidate will be required to make minor adjustments and repairs to heating, cooling, ventilation, plumbing, and electrical systems, as well as contact tradespeople for major repairs.
- The candidate will be responsible for contacting contractors for establishment repairs and maintenance.
- The candidate will be expected to perform minor appliance repairs.
- The candidate will be expected to conduct safety and security checks.
- The candidate must move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies.
- The candidate will be required to perform other routine maintenance tasks such as painting and drywall repair.
- The candidate will be expected to work with little supervision.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 45 kg (100 lbs).
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate must work in a factory, plant, or industrial facility or establishment.
Experience and specialization
- The candidate must be familiar with power tools, security systems, and small tractors (lawn/snow removal attachments).
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- Health, Financial, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan, Paramedical services coverage and Vision care benefits.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive benefits in accordance with the collective agreement.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits, Life insurance, Long-term care insurance, Other benefits and Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP).
- In addition to the Health, Financial, and Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Free parking.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
5828 Promontory Road
Between 07:00 AM and 01:30 PM