Hotel front desk clerk
dba Family Hotel based in Whitehorse, YT is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Hotel front desk clerk who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Overtime, Flexible Hours, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: dba Family Hotel
Position: Hotel front desk clerk
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $17.00 hourly for 40 hours per 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Whitehorse, YT
- The candidate will be responsible for registering guests and assigning rooms.
- The candidate will be expected to process group arrivals and departures.
- The candidate must accept, cancel, and change room reservations.
- The candidate must provide information on hotel facilities and services.
- The candidate will be expected to provide general information about local points of interest.
- The candidate will be responsible for processing guest departures, calculating charges, and receiving payments.
- The candidate will be expected to keep track of vacancies, reservations, and room assignments.
- The candidate must adhere to emergency and safety procedures.
- The candidate will be expected to perform clerical tasks (i.e. faxing, filing, photocopying).
- The candidate will be expected to answer the phone and relay calls and messages.
- The candidate must assist clients/guests with special needs.
- The candidate must be able to handle wake-up calls.
- The candidate must provide excellent customer service.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate will be required to work in a hotel, motel, or resort.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Letter of recommendation
- Copy of portfolio or relevant work examples