Olymel S.E.C/L.P based in 2330, Industrial Park Drive, Cornwall, ON K6H 7N1 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Electrical mechanic who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Olymel is a modern company that draws on a wealth of knowledge rooted in a long tradition of industry excellence and best practises. We demonstrate our core values in a variety of ways, including never compromising on quality, constantly improving our performance to better serve customers, and, finally, constantly striving to inspire trust.
In all of its operations, Olymel is committed to meeting or exceeding the highest industry standards. Our company also strives to be socially responsible, leading by example through animal welfare practises, environmentally friendly processes, and support for the communities in which it operates. We can only complete our mission if we adhere to these standards. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment and Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening and Weekend
Employer Name: Olymel S.E.C/L.P
Position: Electrical mechanic
No. of vacancies: 4
Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 2330, Industrial Park Drive, Cornwall, ON K6H 7N1
Major Work Area: Testing, Repair, Maintenance
Area of Specialization: Transformers, Shafts, Industrial motors, Electric motors, Coils
- The candidate must wind, assemble, and install various types of coils.
- The candidate must test and observe the electrical and mechanical conditions of equipment.
- The candidate will be required to perform static or dynamic armature or rotor balancing.
- The candidate must perform on-site servicing and repairs.
- The candidate will be expected to troubleshoot and repair electric motors, transformers, switchgear, generators, and other electro-mechanical equipment.
- The candidate will be required to replace or recondition shafts, bearings, commutators, and other components.
- The candidate must perform some machining in order to recondition or modify shafts, commutators, or other parts.
- The candidate must test, repair, or replace faulty wiring or components in electrical switchgear.
- The candidate will be required to test repaired motors, transformers, switchgear, or other electrical apparatus to ensure proper performance.
- The candidate would be responsible for reading, interpreting blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications and adhering to instructions and operating manuals
- The candidate must carry out preventive maintenance programmes.
- The candidate will be required to complete all work in accordance with electrical codes, blueprints, and standards.
- The candidate will be expected to maintain an adequate supply of necessary supplies and parts.
- The candidate will be required to perform preventative maintenance on electrical systems and components
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring the correct and timely completion of all protective maintenance duties.
- The candidate will be required to work with specific types of equipment, such as electric motors or transformers, or to perform specific functions, such as winding coils.
- The candidate must be able to weld or braze components.
- The candidate will be required to fabricate or recondition parts using machining tools.
- The candidate will be responsible for inspecting electrical systems to ensure they comply with safety guidelines and regulations.
- The candidate will be required to evaluate electrical equipment to determine potential failure causes.
- The candidate should be fluent in English or French languages.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 7 months to less than 1 year of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate must have Electrical Mechanic Trade Certification
- The candidate should have a thorough criminal record check.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have the ability to work quickly without compromising quality
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should have strong problem-solving skills.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skill.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should have strong critical thinking skills
- The candidate must be able to operate hand and power tools associated with electrical work.
- The candidate who possesses working understanding of electrical theory, as well as the principles, materials, and equipment involved with it, is a plus.
- The candidate must have extensive knowledge of electrical systems, power generation, designs, and maintenance and repair.
- The candidate should be well-versed in safety measures as well as legal legislation and norms.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate.
- Candidates are required to wear steel-toed safety boots.
- The candidates will be required to work in confined spaces.
- The candidate should be willing to work in an outdoor environment for long hours
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should be required to handling heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be willing to work standing position for extended periods.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed.
- Health, Long term and other benefits would be provided to the selected candidates.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidates would get Health care plan, Dental plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long term benefits, the selected candidates would get Group insurance benefits, Life insurance and Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
- In addition to the above mentioned health and long term benefits the selected candidates would get other benefits in the form of Free parking facilities, Paid time off (volunteering or personal days), Team building opportunities and Wellness program
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.