Key-West Asphalt (333) Ltd. based in Abbotsford, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Computer network technician who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job.
Employer Name: Key-West Asphalt (333) Ltd.
Position: Computer network technician
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $29.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Abbotsford, BC
- The candidate will be required to evaluate and install computer hardware, networking software, and operating system software.
- The candidate will be required to operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, as well as to coordinate network access and use.
- The candidate will be required to load computer tapes and discs, as well as install software, printer paper, and forms.
- The candidate will be expected to provide problem-solving services to network users.
- The candidate will be required to implement data, software, and hardware security procedures.
- The candidate will be required to perform routine network startup and shutdown as well as maintain control records.
- The candidate will be required to perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- The candidate will be required to perform Web-server backup and recovery operations.
- The candidate will be expected to install, maintain, troubleshoot, and upgrade Web-server hardware and software.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a college or CEGEP diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate must be well-organized.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- The candidate should be familiar with spreadsheets, MS Windows, the Internet, networking software, network security, servers, file management software, website creation and management software, and MS Office.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
31244 South Fraser Way