Binkadi Community Services based in Victoria, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Child and youth worker who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, Flexible Hours, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Binkadi Community Services
Position: Child and youth worker
No. of vacancies: 6
Salary: $26.74 to $30.69 hourly (to be negotiated) / 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Victoria, BC
- The candidate must gather information and write reports or case studies.
- The candidate must assess clients’ needs or eligibility for specific services.
- The candidate must conduct life skills workshops.
- The candidate will be expected to perform housekeeping duties.
- The candidate will be responsible for food preparation.
- The candidate will be expected to provide suicide and crisis intervention.
- The candidate must be able to resolve conflicts.
- The candidate must supervise the activities of clients living in group homes and halfway houses.
- The candidate will be expected to implement behaviour management programmes.
- The candidate must communicate with other social service agencies and health care providers who are involved with clients.
- The candidate must accompany clients to appointments and social outings.
- The candidate will be responsible for supervising support staff.
- The candidate must supervise the terms of probation orders.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate of secondary (high) school graduation or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be capable of supervising 1 to 2 and 3 to 4 people.
- The candidate must have completed Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST), Developmental services worker�(DSW)�Training, and Mandt System Training.
- The candidate must have certification in Behaviour management, Emergency child care first aid and CPR, Intensive behavioural intervention, Mental health first aid, Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NVCI), Medication Administration, and First Aid.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate must have excellent written communication skills.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The working environment includes Child welfare, Corrections, Education or training,
Personal and social adjustment and health (substance abuse, gambling, behaviour disorders), Socio-economic needs or conditions (housing, nutrition, unemployment, financial assistance), Early intervention programming for at-risk youth, Programs dealing with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Services for the homeless and Programs dealing with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD).
- The candidate must work in a group home, a social service or charity organisation, and a community organisation.
- The candidate must work in both urban and rural areas.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
- The candidate must be willing to relocate to the specified location.
- The candidate’s relocation expenses will not be covered by the employer.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal record check, child abuse registry check, child welfare check and driving record check (abstract).
- The candidate must have their own transportation.
- The candidate must have their own vehicle.
- Employer will provide the vehicle.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence.
- The candidate has access to public transportation.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- Health, Financial, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Health care plan and Paramedical services coverage.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive a Bonus and Mileage reimbursement.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits, Life insurance and Pension plan.
- In addition to the Health, Financial, and Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Free parking, Employer-paid learning/training, Team building opportunities, Parking facilities and Variable or compressed work week.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.