Pegside Construction Ltd. based in Winnipeg, MB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Carpenter who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Pegside Construction is a well-established construction firm with experience in a wide range of projects. We serve three Canadian provinces: Manitoba, Ontario, and Saskatchewan. We are known for our professionalism, excellent customer service, and desire to go above and beyond to meet the needs of our clients. We are a fully accredited Better Business Bureau (B.B.B.) business and proud partners with AIR MILES® Reward Miles.
With Pegside, you can earn great rewards while we provide honest work on which you can rely. Our carefully selected team members at Pegside have many years of experience and are a part of our company because they have proven to be dedicated, results-driven employees. We take pride in hiring the best people who are problem solvers and experts in their fields, from our office staff to trades and suppliers, and we have a reputation for being detail oriented. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job.
Employer Name: Pegside Construction Ltd.
No. of vacancies: 10
Salary: $14.00 to $30.00 hourly for 80 to 120 hours bi-weekly
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Major Work Area: Renovation, Construction
- The candidate will be responsible for measuring, cutting, shaping, assembling, and joining wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel, and other materials.
- The candidate will be in charge of laying subflooring, building foundations, installing floor beams, and erecting walls and roof systems.
- The candidate will be responsible for assisting supervisors with structural design, planning, layout, and installation.
- The candidate will be in charge of performing repair work and installing doors, windows, drywall, cabinets, stairs, and other fixtures as needed.
- The candidate will be in charge of adhering to local building codes as well as health and safety regulations.
- The candidate will be expected to keep tools and equipment in good working order.
- The candidate will be expected to conduct building inspections and identify any necessary repairs.
- The candidate will be required to document repairs and keep detailed records.
- The candidate will be responsible for fully comprehending requirements by reading blueprints, drawings, and sketches.
- The candidate will be in charge of carving and assembling furniture, cabinets, shelves, and other items, as well as installing them where they are needed.
- The candidate will be in charge of constructing scaffolding and other construction structures.
- The candidate will be responsible for using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue to assemble and fasten items to build frames or props.
- Using hand tools, the candidate will be responsible for removing damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repairing or replacing them.
- The candidate will be in charge of inspecting ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork for broken or damaged structures.
- The candidate will be in charge of framing room additions as needed for the client.
- The candidate will be in charge of interpreting client requests and providing mock-ups for client approval prior to beginning work.
- The candidate must adhere to all code requirements for kitchens and bathrooms in remodelling projects.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma .
- Previous experience is not mandatory.
- The candidate should have a thorough criminal record check.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have the ability to work quickly without compromising quality.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should be able to work in a safe and efficient manner with little supervision.
- The candidate should be accurate
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination
- The candidate must have exceptional manual dexterity and physical stamina.
- The candidate will have extensive knowledge of various carpentry materials and techniques.
- The candidate will be well-versed in power tools such as a skill saw, mitre saw, and jigsaw.
- The candidate must be able to evaluate the quality of woodwork and materials.
- At all times, the candidate will be willing to observe safety requirements.
- The candidate should have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- The candidate will be required to work in Residential or Commercial
- Candidates are required to wear steel-toed safety boots, Hard hat, Safety glasses or goggles, gloves etc.
Work Site Environment
- The candidates will be required to work in confined spaces.
- The candidate must be able to work at a height and not be afraid of working at a height.
- The candidate will be required to work in dusty, wet, hot and cold weather conditions.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate will be required to work in areas with a high odour density.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should be required to handling heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be willing to work in sitting, standing and walking position for long hours.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in bending, crouching and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed
Work Location Information
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
20028 Beachside Rd – PO BOX 70
Sandy hook, MB
204-509-0113 Between 09:00 AM and 05:00 PM