Okanagan Parasail based in Kelowna, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Captain – Parasailing who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Okanagan Parasail is a family-owned and run company dedicated to giving you the finest possible experience. Come fly hundreds of feet above Lake Okanagan with us for the ride of a lifetime. Wave to your pals below as you take in the breathtaking views of Kelowna and the Okanagan Valley. Your safety is, as always, our first priority. As a result, we implemented COVID-19 safety protocols so that we can continue to operate with the least amount of danger.
In the Okanagan Valley, Okanagan Parasail has the best safety record. Not only will you be greeted by the friendliest team, but all members of the crew have received extensive training in all elements of parasailing, boat handling, and flight procedures. Your captain is an SVOP commercial operator with a MED A3 accreditation for safe boating and handling. Your crew members also have a First Aid certificate for added safety and peace of mind. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Seasonal employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Weekend and Overtime
Employer Name: Okanagan Parasail
Position: Captain – Parasailing
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $25.00 to $38.00 hourly for 35 to 45 hours per week
Employment type: Seasonal employment, Full time
Location: Kelowna, BC
- The candidate will be required to record the vessel’s progress, weather, and sea conditions in the ship’s log.
- The candidate will be expected to keep the vessel’s navigational instruments and equipment in good working order.
- The candidate must be able to control, steer, and navigate a vessel in a variety of waterways.
- The candidate must command and operate ships or vessels that transport passengers and cargo.
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring the safety and comfort of passengers.
- The candidate will be expected to supervise and coordinate deck crew activities.
- The candidate will be expected to ensure that everything is in good working order, including the boat, equipment, and weather.
- The candidate will be expected to inspect the boat to ensure efficient and safe operation of vessels and equipment, as well as compliance with regulations.
- The candidate will be required to keep daily activity records, fuel log reports, boat condition and movement, weather and sea conditions, and so on.
- The candidate must make arrangements for the boat to be fuelled and/or repaired if necessary.
- The candidate will be expected to maintain boats and on-board equipment such as engines, winches, navigational systems, fire extinguishers, and radios for communication purposes.
- The candidate will be required to read gauges to ensure that adequate levels of hydraulic fluid, air pressure, and oxygen are present.
- The candidate will be required to log daily boat inspections. Particular attention should be paid to identifying potential hazards, and checking the vessel’s maintenance and status is critical.
- The candidate will be required to establish safe working conditions and operating practises on board. When working aloft or outboard, the provided safety equipment, including properly adjusted safety harnesses, must be used.
- The candidate will be required to operate the boat in accordance with all applicable local and international regulations at all times.
- The candidate must be familiar with and apply emergency management protocols at sea.
- The candidate will be expected to assist with all fueling procedures as well as safe bunkering procedures.
- The use of alcoholic beverages and controlled substances is strictly prohibited. If an employee is found to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, he or she will be fired without further notice.
- The candidate will be in charge of assisting customers prior to, during, and after activities.
- The candidate will be responsible for providing the highest level of service to customers by answering questions and providing information about our products and services in a polite and respectful manner.
- The candidate will be in charge of ensuring the accuracy and thoroughness of all money handling. Making certain that the best sales are made and that proper sales records are kept.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 2 to 3 years of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate must have Transport Canada – Master of a Small Craft Certificate
- The candidate should have good interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature and have the ability to adapt to change.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be optimistic.
- The candidate should be confident.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate must have excellent written, oral, and verbal communication skills.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should be customer-oriented and friendly.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- The candidate should be self motivated
- The candidate must wear uniforms at all times and maintain a professional work appearance.
Level of Expertise
- Level of expected expertise is “Operator”
- The candidate will be required to work in Tour boat
Security and Safety
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
Work Site Environment
- The candidate should be willing to work in an outdoor environment for long hours
- The candidate should be willing to work for long duration on sea.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate would get On-site housing options as a part of their compensation packages
- The employer would provide learning or training at their cost
- Under financial benefits, the selected candidates would get Gratuities
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience