The City of Toronto has released a notification in which they’re inviting candidates for the post of Budget Analyst.They will perform research and prepare operating and capital budget submissions and financial status reports. They develop, prepare and maintain monthly budget variance and forecast reports in relation to Operating budgets for senior management of the Division.
Employer Name: City of Toronto
Position: Budget Analyst
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $42.83 – $46.93 per hour
Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Union Station, 65 Front Street West
- Candidates create spreadsheets and provide additional documentation to support the division’s operating and capital budget submissions.
- They will prepare budget schedules and takes necessary action to effect and maintain control of budget adjustments throughout the year
- They are responsible for tracks capital budget project progress, expenditures, commitments, completion status and year end projections
- They develop and prepare financial statements to advise management on the financial status of various operating budget items, using information extracted from corporate and divisional accounting systems and databases
- Candidates must have a high level of skill in the extraction of large amounts of data from corporate systems and organizing, analyzing and transforming the data into information for management decision making.
- They must have sound knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices, maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, deployment of control accounts, age analysis of receivables, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), proficiency in mathematical calculations and high degree of accuracy with figures.
- Candidates should have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing, with all levels of staff and with external clients.
- They should have the ability to work in teams and maintain cooperative relationships.
- They should have the ability to maintain confidential information.
- They should have the ability to work in a customer service environment, addressing the service inquires, requests and concerns of clients, the general public and/or staff.
- They should have the ability to support the Toronto Public Service values to ensure a culture that champions equity, diversity, and respectful workplaces.
- Candidates will get barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
How to apply
Candidates who are interested in the post of Budget Analyst are requested to check their eligibility and must fill in their accurate information genuinely in the registration process. You can add information by clicking the link given below. The registration process has already started and apply as soon as possible.