Pacific National Exhibition based in Vancouver, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Box Office Cashier who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The Pacific National Exhibition is a well-known institution in British Columbia, known for bringing generations of people together to celebrate and create memories. This 108-year-old non-profit organisation has a $48 million annual operating budget and generates revenue through four activity streams: the 15-day annual summer Fair, which attracts 800,000 visitors each year, Playland amusement park, which attracts 375,000 visitors annually and includes Fright Nights, year-round events such as concerts, trade shows, and film, cultural and community events.
Park care and facility maintenance is the fourth activity stream. The PNE is proud of its work at Hastings Park and has a vibrant team that is passionate about events, guest experience, and being the best that we can be. Ticketing services for concert producers, musicians, professional sports teams, arenas, and other venues are available through the PNE’s Ticket Leader Box Office. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Part time or Permanent employment.
Employer Name: Pacific National Exhibition
Position: Box Office Cashier
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $16.85 hourly for 10 to 30 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Part time
Location: Vancouver, BC
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 1 to2 years of working experience in similar industry.
- During the sales process, the candidate will be expected to respond to patron enquiries about any information pertaining to ticketed events, including building information, directions, event seating, ticketing, parking, and general concerns.
- The candidate would be responsible for maintaining a current working knowledge of all events, services, and procedures by reviewing event information sheets and any other communication regarding event updates.
- The candidate would be responsible for describing venue layouts and seating locations to patrons when answering inquiries
- The candidate would be in charge of cash and charge/debit receipts for daily sales transactions, as well as balancing and accounting for them.
- The candidate would be responsible for entering new patron information into the database in accordance with the Center’s policies and procedures, as well as updating existing patron information as needed.
- The candidate would be in charge of organising and distributing “will call” tickets, as well as performing light administrative duties.
- The candidate would be in charge of calling customers to notify them of event changes and/or cancellations as needed.
- The candidate would be in charge of performing other related duties as assigned.
- The candidate must be able to accurately respond to a large number of phone inquiries.
- The candidate would be in charge of balancing the cash drawer by counting cash at the start and end of each work shift.
- The candidate must be able to operate a ticketing machine correctly.
- The candidate will be responsible for keeping the box office area clean.
- The candidate will be required to provide excellent customer service
- The candidate would be in charge of collecting payments, whether in cash or by credit card.
- The candidate would be in charge of resolving customer complaints, guiding them, and providing pertinent information.
- When necessary, the candidate will be expected to process refunds and complete all appropriate forms.
- The candidate must have prior experience with cash handling and POS machines.
- A candidate with prior experience handling large sums of money is considered an asset.
- Previous experience with booking seats using a manifested seating map is considered an asset.
- Prior knowledge or experience in box office operations, retail operations, or call centre operations is considered advantageous.
- The candidate must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate would be in charge of keeping track of transactions on balance sheets and reporting any discrepancies.
- The candidate Keeps an eye out for potential safety or security issues (trip hazards, lights, suspicious people, etc.) and reports them to management.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be authentic.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should have proficiency in multi-tasking and prioritizing
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should be highly efficient and accurate.
- The candidate should friendly and approachable
- The candidate should have good knowledge of safety procedures and techniques.
- The candidate should be confident.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate must have excellent written, oral, and verbal communication skills.
- The candidate must be able to communicate clearly and hear or lip-read well.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- The candidate must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- The candidate must be able to remain calm in stressful situations
- The candidate should have basic (PC) Computer Knowledge
- The ideal candidate will have excellent cashier and clerical skills.
- The candidate should be at ease with handling cash.
- The candidate will required to deal with reasonable complaints/requests with professionalism and patience.
- The candidate must be able to handle transactions correctly and responsibly.
- The candidate must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate must be able to work in variety of shifts.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in bending, crouching and kneeling positions
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed.
- The candidate should be willing to work in sitting, standing and walking position for long hours.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options