University of Guelph based in Guelph, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Assistant Professor – University who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The University of Guelph is unlike any other in Canada. Our campuses, which are research-intensive and learner-centered, are spread across urban and rural communities. We are well-known for our achievements in the arts and sciences, as well as our dedication to developing exceptional thinkers and engaged citizens.
Our students, faculty, and staff engage in active inquiry and creative expression in a variety of disciplines, including physical and life sciences, arts and humanities, social sciences, business, agricultural, and veterinary sciences. The University of Guelph is known for its beautiful, safe campuses and welcoming, supportive culture. It combines historical and modern architecture with cutting-edge technology. Our living and learning environments promote exploration and interdisciplinary sharing of new ideas, which is critical for meeting the challenges posed by our increasingly complex and interconnected world. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job.
Employer Name: University of Guelph
Position: Assistant Professor – University
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $105,000 to $115,000 annually for 35 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Guelph, ON
- The candidate will be in charge of teaching one or more university subjects.
- The candidate will be responsible for preparing, distributing, and grading given work.
- The candidate will be expected to supervise graduate student research initiatives.
- The candidate will be in charge of doing research in his or her field of expertise.
- The candidate will be expected to participate in faculty committees that deal with research, finances, curricular development, and personnel.
- The candidate will be in charge of assisting with various departmental duties as well as providing academic support to Professors and other staff members.
- The candidate will be in charge of recruiting, training, and mentoring new TAs and other junior staff.
- The candidate will be in charge of representing the university at conferences and giving presentations as needed.
- The successful candidate will be in charge of teaching and supervising undergraduate and graduate students.
- The candidate will be in charge of demonstrating and supervising experiments and investigations.
- The candidate will be responsible for answering questions in class, via email, or over the phone.
- The candidate will be in charge of providing comments on student progress to professors and department heads.
- The candidate will be in charge of writing proposals to seek research funding.
- The candidate will be responsible for attending faculty and departmental meetings and voicing concerns or making suggestions for improvement.
- The candidate will be in charge of providing academic support and advice to students.
- The candidate will be expected to assist in the planning of recruitment initiatives and interviews on campus.
- The candidate will be expected to ensure that students are appropriately educated about the requirements and that learning activities are conducted in a timely manner.
- The candidate must provide flexible, consistent, and timely approaches to assessment and feedback that encourage independent learning, incorporate relevant developments, and reflect best practise.
- The candidate will be expected to gather feedback from students, peers, and employers on their individual teaching, the subjects and programmes for which they are responsible, as well as the implementation and pedagogy.
- The candidate will be expected to provide respect and support for students’ development as individuals, thereby contributing to the creation of a one-of-a-kind Bond experience for students in their learning.
- The candidate will be expected to provide learning approaches that influence, motivate, and inspire students to learn.
- The candidate will be expected to follow all policies and procedures pertaining to teaching and learning, as well as make every effort to contribute to the continuous improvement and effectiveness of teaching and learning administration.
- The candidate will be responsible for developing high-quality subject delivery and learning support materials using any web-based platforms, electronic library information systems, and other teaching and learning systems developed for use at the university.
- The candidate will be expected to act as a subject coordinator and/or area or discipline coordinator, which includes managing the area/discipline, providing feedback and contributing to performance management, supervising tutors, carrying out related planning and coordination responsibilities, organising the preparation and marking of all assignments and examinations, invigilating examinations, and submitting grades.
- The candidate should be fluent in English
- The candidate must have a doctorate degree as a minimum qualification.
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 1 to 2 years of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate must have Provincial or territorial licence
- The candidate should be well-versed in educational rules, regulations, and developments in the field.
- The candidate should have a friendly and welcoming personality.
- The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and passionate about their work.
- The candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The candidate should have excellent research and data gathering skills
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have good interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- The candidate should have good presentation skills
- The candidate should be able to handle stressful situations
- The candidate should have strong analytical, observational, and problem-solving skills.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be able to accept
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate must be willing to take on new responsibilities and challenges.
- The candidate must be capable of developing one’s own methods of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and relying on oneself to complete tasks.
- The candidate must be willing to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and guidance.
- criticism while remaining calm and effective in high-stress situations.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- Health, Long term, Financial and other benefits would be provided to the selected candidates.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidates would get Health care plan, Disability benefits, Dental plan, Vision care benefits and Paramedical services coverage
- Under Long term benefits, the selected candidates would get Group insurance benefits, Life insurance and Other benefits
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidates would get benefits as per collective agreement.
- In addition to the above mentioned health, financial and long term benefits the selected candidates would get other benefits in the form of On-site recreation and activities, On-site daycare available and Wellness program
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
Reference Number- AD22-22