Youth services worker
Capital Family Services based in Fredericton, NB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Youth services worker who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Part time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Flexible Hours, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Capital Family Services
Position: Youth services worker
No. of vacancies: 5
Salary: $15.50 to $17.50 hourly for 8 to 24 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Part time
Location: Fredericton, NB
- The candidate will be expected to conduct life skills workshops.
- The candidate will be responsible for developing, coordinating, and implementing specific community services.
- The candidate will be in charge of housekeeping duties.
- The candidate will be in charge of food preparation.
- The candidate will be expected to provide suicide prevention and crisis intervention.
- The candidate will be expected to resolve conflicts.
- The candidate must supervise the activities of clients living in group homes and halfway houses.
- The candidate will be expected to supervise children’s visits with their parents in order to ensure their safety.
- The candidate will be required to implement behaviour management programmes.
- The candidate will be expected to communicate with other social service agencies and health care providers involved with clients.
- The candidate will be expected to keep programme statistics for evaluation and research purposes.
- The candidate will be expected to assist in determining the effectiveness of treatment programmes.
- The candidate will be required to accompany clients to appointments and social outings.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a College/CEGEP qualification or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 7 months to less than 1 year of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be able to supervise 1 to 2 people.
- The candidate must have completed Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST), a Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) Certificate, Cultural Awareness Training, a First Aid Certificate, and CPR Certification.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate should be flexible.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work Site Environment
- The candidate will be required to work in the field of child welfare.
- The candidate will have to work in a group home.
- The candidate will be required to work in the Employer’s or Client’s home.
- The candidate will be required to work in a private residence.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should have prior experience working with adolescents, culturally diverse groups, persons with mental health disabilities, street population and young offenders.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should undergo a thorough criminal record check, child abuse registry check, child welfare check, driver’s validity licence check, and driving record check (abstract)
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- Health and other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental Plan and Health Care Plan.
- In addition to the health benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive employer-paid learning/training.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Job Reference Number- FYSW2022