Habitat for Humanity Southeast BC based in Castlegar, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Warehouse associate who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day and Weekend.
Employer Name: Habitat for Humanity Southeast BC
Position: Warehouse associate
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Castlegar, BC
- The candidate must answer the phone and relay phone calls and messages.
- The candidate must clean and maintain the office, supply area, or warehouse.
- The candidate will be expected to carry out general office duties.
- The candidate will be required to set up displays for retail parts and accessories.
- The candidate will be expected to respond to customer complaints or concerns.
- The candidate will be expected to advise on the use and appropriateness of goods or parts.
- The candidate must be able to handle cash transactions.
- The candidate must identify, label, and catalogue items received.
- The candidate will be required to keep inventory control system records.
- The candidate must receive, unpack, and sort incoming parts, supplies, and materials.
- The candidate must store items in a warehouse, tool room, or supply area.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate must be well-organized.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate will be required to work in a shop and in the retail industry.
Experience and specialization
Computer and technology knowledge
- The candidate must be familiar with the Internet.
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with pallet lifters.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check as well as a driver’s licence validity check.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots.
- Health and Long term benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan, Paramedical services coverage and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Long-term care insurance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter