Smoking Gun Interactive Inc. based in Vancouver, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Video Game Tester who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Smoking Gun Interactive is an award-winning independent game development studio created by industry veterans in 2007. SGI is brave when it comes to producing original IP and boldly partners with well-known companies to create a diverse selection of world-class, immersive titles and interactive experiences that appeal to strategy gamers around the world and delight millions of casual players every day. At Smoking Gun, we believe that the user experience is important, and our team is dedicated to pushing the boundaries of gaming by creating ground-breaking features and embracing new technologies.
Above all, we strive for the greatest level of quality in every project we work on, and we engage with partners who share these values. Every day, we’re motivated to create new games and concepts with a close-knit group of creative, skilled, and genuinely wonderful people. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to permanent employment or full time job. The selected candidate must be available to work during Flexible Hours.
Employer Name: Smoking Gun Interactive Inc.
Position: Video Game Tester
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $58,000 to $80,000 annually for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Vancouver, BC
- The candidate will be expected to write software testing plans and document them.
- The candidate will be required to supervise, direct, and mentor QA test team members.
- The candidate will be required to implement appropriate test methods to support product goals.
- The candidate would be expected to swiftly identify danger areas by analysing upcoming game content.
- The candidate will be required to demonstrate strong written or verbal reporting skills on the state of game bugs, features, playability, risks, and blockers
- The candidate will be required to create and maintain QA test plans, coverage docs, and test cases for a living product and all phases of product development
- The candidate would be in charge of managing their own bug database – tracking, assessing, and assigning priorities.
- The candidate will be required to ensure that testers maintain a high bar of quality in their game testing and device coverage.
- The candidate will be in charge of looking for bugs and other flaws in game material.
- The candidate must proofread and verify written product documentation.
- The candidate must be able to maintain strong, collaborative relationships with other Leads and team members in the Programming, Art, Design, and Production teams.
- The candidate should serve as the point of contact for outsourced testing and strategies.
- The candidate will be required to work closely with Community Manager for live issue reporting and prioritization
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that games are signed-off, in a quality state, and ready for console/mobile platform certification processes.
- The candidate will be responsible for mobile device tracking, rotation schedules, and inventory systems.
- The candidate will be required to play and test the game repeatedly in different ways and situations
- The candidate would be responsible for completing all side quests and exploring all levels.
- The candidate would be in charge of discovering and investigating regions that the game designers had not foreseen.
- The candidate would be in charge of keeping track of all game glitches and issues.
- The candidate would be responsible for collecting all XP points and leveling up characters.
- The candidate would be responsible for communicating any issues to the game designers.
- The candidate would be responsible for recommending game additions or modifications.
- The candidate would be responsible for rating the game in terms of enjoyment and difficulty.
- The candidate would be responsible for reporting any error codes that may pop up and report them to bug tracking software
- The candidate will be required to understand the difference between reporting a bug and reporting a feature
- The candidate will be required to compare new versions of game and replicate previous bugs to see if they have been fixed
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 3 to 5 years of working experience.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- The candidate must have excellent written, oral, and verbal communication skills
- The candidate must have strong analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should have strong knowledge in programming language.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should have the ability to work quickly without compromising quality
- The candidate should be able to multitask effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- This is a fast-paced environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in developing and sustaining a quality assurance process that works for the studio.
- The candidate should be proficient in reporting and tracking Quality Assurance metrics.
- The candidate should be well-versed in at least one defect tracking system.
- The ideal candidate will have prior experience with test case management tools.
- The candidate will be required to work in Game studio
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- The candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Word, Windows, Excel and Office.
Work Location Information
- The candidate should be willing to relocate to the given location.
- Health and Financial benefits would be provided to the selected candidates.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidates would get Health care plan, Dental plan and Vision care benefits
- Under Financial Benefits, the selected candidates would get Group insurance benefits, Life insurance and other benefits.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.