Amazon Development Centre Canada ULC based in 510 West Georgia Street suite 14th Floor, Vancouver, BC V6B 0M3 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Video game artist who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Our goal at Amazon Game Studios is to create the best games in the world. We believe in pioneering player experiences that change people’s perceptions of digital entertainment. Games have the ability to connect people on a massive scale, and creating these experiences will produce some of the most influential voices in media and art in the future.
We are looking for the best game developers in the world to join our team and help us realise this vision. Amazon is dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal-opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other legally protected status. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to permanent employment or full time job.
Employer Name: Amazon Development Centre Canada ULC
Position: Video game artist
No. of vacancies: 10
Salary: $72,800 to $114,000 annually for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 510 West Georgia Street suite 14th Floor, Vancouver, BC V6B 0M3
Area of Specialization: Graphic design
Type of Production Art: General production art
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 3 to 5 years of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate must have excellent written, oral, and verbal communication skills
- The candidate must have strong analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should have strong knowledge in programming language.
- The candidate must be passionate, motivated, and excited about what they do.
- The candidate should have a solid understanding of the gaming industry, how games work, and current trends.
- The candidate should have strong leadership abilities, including the ability to manage the production process, schedule, budget, and keep all departments on track.
- The candidate should have strong technical knowledge, including an understanding of the software and systems that power the game.
- The candidate must be able to focus – to think about the big picture while dealing with day-to-day production issues.
- The candidate must be extremely creative and have excellent storytelling abilities.
- The candidate should have a strong interest in video games.
- The candidate should be able to work independently while also being comfortable taking direction and receiving feedback on their designs.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should be hardworking.
- The candidate should have the ability to work quickly without compromising quality
- The candidate will be expected to work in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary team of designers, artists, and developers, and will be able to share your hard-earned knowledge while also continuing to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in developing and sustaining a quality assurance process that works for the studio.
- The candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Word, Windows, Excel and Office.
- The candidate will need to collaborate closely with the Creative Director and Lead Designer in order to inspire others and create a genre-defining Triple A gaming experience.
- The candidate will be responsible for game design iteration and implementation, working on everything from low level second to second game mechanics to core features and in-game feedback loops.
- The candidate will be expected to design innovative games for entertainment or education.
- The candidate will be responsible for conceptualising and developing new game characters, rules, settings, and stories.
- The candidate will be expected to keep up with industry trends and best practises.
- The candidate must consider, plan, and detail every aspect of a new game, such as the setting, rules, story flow, props, vehicles, character interface, and modes of play.
- The candidate will be expected to conduct market research in order to determine what your target audience desires.
- The candidate will be expected to develop a rough concept into a detailed concept and then implement it.
- The candidate must be able to write scripts and create storyboards.
- The candidate will be required to modify the game design specifications to reflect changes as the project progresses.
- The candidate will be responsible for training quality assurance (QA) testers how to play the game so that they can properly test it.
- The candidate must choose the devices and platforms on which the game will be played.
- The candidate must create sound effects, dialogue, a musical score, a sound mix, and a sound edit.
- The candidate will be expected to work to deadlines in order to assist the team in producing the game efficiently and on time.
- The candidate will be expected to keep their skill set up to date and to learn about new software as needed.
- Public transportation is available for the candidate to use.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Reference number- 2043413