Loblaw Atlantic Ltd. – Distribution based in 19 Lakeside Park Dr, Lakeside, NS B3T 1L9 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Transport driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift and Overtime.
Employer Name: Loblaw Atlantic Ltd. – Distribution
Position: Transport driver
No. of vacancies: 10
Salary: $22.37 hourly for 40 to 70 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 19 Lakeside Park Dr, Lakeside, NS B3T 1L9
Type of Trucking and Equipment: Tractor-trailer, Refrigerated, Dry bulk
- The candidate will be in charge of receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be in charge of transport goods and materials by operating and driving straight or articulated trucks.
- The candidate would be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be responsible for pre-trip, en route, and post-trip vehicle inspections, as well as overseeing all aspects of the vehicle.
- The candidate will be required to adjust brakes.
- The candidate would be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be required to inspect vehicles on a daily basis for cleanliness, mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance.
- The candidate will be required to perform roadside emergency repairs.
- The candidate will be required to monitor and refuel oil in the truck as and when needed.
- The candidate must follow truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods), as well as company policies and procedures.
- The candidate will be required to provide a high standard of Customer Service while delivering goods to customers.
- The candidate will be expected to obey and follow all traffic laws.
- Before driving, the candidate must ensure that any mechanical issues with the vehicle are corrected.
- The candidate will be required to drive with extreme caution.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 2 to 3 years of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate must have Air Brake (Z) Endorsement certificate and Class 1/1F/A Licence (semi trailer trucks).
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication.
- The candidate should have extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations.
- The candidate must be adaptable and foresighted in order to deal with unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc).
- The candidate should have a strong understanding of safety regulations, including not only traffic laws but also rules governing how often they must rest, the maximum number of miles they can drive, and so on.
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 45 kg (100 lbs).
- The candidate should have strong documentation knowledge in Accident or incident reports, Trip reports, Maintenance and repair reports, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Driver logbook and Bill of lading.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate should be proficient in Operating GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment.
- The candidate should be well-versed in the use of Trip recorder (on-board computer) and Citizens band (CB) radio.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should have clean driving record with no at-fault accidents or traffic citations.
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- Candidates are required to wear steel-toed safety boots.
- The candidate must have a cell phone.
- The candidate should have valid driver’s licence.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting position
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should have experience in running Long-haul and Short-haul trips.
- The candidate should have good knowledge about National, Local and Provincial or territorial regions.
- Health, Long term and Financial benefits would be provided to the selected candidates.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidates would get Health care plan, Disability benefits, Dental plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long term benefits, the selected candidates would get Pension plan and Other benefits.
- Under financial benefits, selected candidates will receive a bonus and mileage paid in accordance with the collective agreement.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.