Kindale Developmental Association based in Armstrong, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Support worker – social services who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment – Part time leading to full time job. The shift schedules have yet to be determined. The position of Support worker – social services has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: Kindale Developmental Association
Position: Support worker – social services
No. of vacancies: 10
Salary: $21.00 hourly for 25 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Part time leading to full time
Location: Armstrong, BC
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a College, CEGEP, or other non-university certificate or diploma from a programme lasting one to two years, or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have a Community Disability Studies Certificate, a Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) Certificate, a First Aid Certificate, and a CPR Certificate.
- The candidate must be a Developmental services worker�SW)�aining and must have completed Mandt System training as well as the Understanding and Managing Aggressive Behavior (UMAB) course.
- The candidate must be able to lift 9 kg (20 lbs) and 13.5 kg (30 lbs).
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Security and safety
- The candidate must be bondable.
- The candidate must have an enhanced reliability security clearance.
- The candidate should undergo a thorough criminal record check, child welfare check, driver’s validity licence check, driving record check (abstract), medical exam, and Adult Abuse Registry check.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- Health, Financial and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive benefits in accordance with the collective agreement.
- In addition to the Health and Financial benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Employer-paid learning/training and Free parking.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
PO Box 94
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Copy of portfolio or relevant work examples
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed