Collège Supérieur De Montréal (C.S.M.) Inc. based in Montréal, QC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Student Affairs And Employment Officer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Diversity, professional integrity, and respect for everyone are promoted at the Collège Supérieur de Montréal. Every student is closely monitored by an administrative team as well as a skilled and experienced teaching staff. Our team has a wealth of professional training experience and a thorough awareness of what the job market requires. We are honoured to impart our extensive knowledge to our alumni. The success of our students is at the heart of the Collège Supérieur de Montréal’s educational philosophy. It is a matter of instructing, monitoring, and directing students in order to provide them with practical skills that can be applied immediately in their professional lives.
Each training focuses on the specific requirements of the industry, in addition to the theoretical knowledge underlying each programme, in pharmacy, accounting, legal, and medical secretarial courses. The goal is to prepare competent, self-sufficient, and ambitious young people to comprehend the difficulties and practises of their field. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Full time or Permanent employment. The chosen candidate must be available to work throughout the day shift and be willing to work overtime if necessary.
Employer Name: Collège Supérieur De Montréal (C.S.M.) Inc.
Position: Student Affairs And Employment Officer
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $66,000 annually for 35 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Montréal, QC
Counselling Specialization: Academic program or credit evaluation
- The candidate will be expected to recommend pupils to additional specialised services when necessary.
- The candidate would be expected to provide guidance to students on educational, career, and vocational matters.
- The candidate will be responsible for in-depth knowledge and independent decision-making in a designated area of responsibility, such as job programme development, student recruitment and placement, Immigration and Naturalization compliance.
- The candidate will be responsible for interpreting and complying with regulations governing respective programmes, formulating policy guidelines and procedures, and serving as a consultant in resolving complex problems in the area of specialisation
- The candidate will be required to assist with office administration, staff supervision and training and with developing office policies, procedures, goals and objectives, and programs to ensure compliance with applicable mandates, laws and regulations.
- The candidate will be in charge of recruiting students through informational meetings, individual counselling, and promotional activities, as well as developing advertising and outreach programmes for parents, students, and employers, such as group presentations, brochures, pamphlets, and letter campaigns.
- The candidate will be required to conduct and evaluate surveys of employers and students regarding work attitudes, staffing needs, desirable employee qualifications, work and career goals; assists in developing related training programs.
- The candidate will be expected to keep accurate records of accommodation placements and pending requests in a database.
- The candidate will be responsible for providing front desk coverage, which includes answering phones, transferring calls, taking messages, and sending and receiving faxes and e-mails on behalf of the staff.
- The candidate must maintain a textbook programme for students who do not receive financial aid.
- The candidate will be expected to help with projects as needed (i.e. prepare materials for distribution, create spreadsheets, event set-up, etc.)
- The candidate will be in charge of conducting research and providing student counselling services in the areas of admissions, financial aid, student loans, scholarships, housing, recreational and cultural activities, academics, and student life.
- The candidate will be responsible for attending and participating staff meetings, professional development seminars and other student support related meetings.
- The candidate will be in charge of completing special projects as needed or assigned.
- The candidate should be fluent in French language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Bachelor’s degree
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 1 to 2 years of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate must be able to supervise more than 20 people.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate should be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate must be able to take the initiative and solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have leadership skills to take control of a situation and make quick decisions when necessary
- The candidate would be in charge of handling confidential information.
- The candidate should have supervisory and administrative experience.
- The candidate should be well-versed in Microsoft Office packages.
- The candidate must be approachable and friendly.
- The candidate must be able to work effectively in a multi-cultural setting.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate will be required to provide quality customer services and maintain high standard of professionalism.
- The candidate should be a good listener.
- The candidate must have a track record of setting and exceeding goals.
- The candidate must have excellent hand-eye coordination
- The candidate must be capable of forming and maintaining effective working relationships.
- The candidate will be required to work in Adult education and Post-secondary educational institution
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- This is a fast-paced environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be willing to handle large case load.
Work Location Information
- The candidate will be required to work in Urban area.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter