Incorporated in Hamilton, Ontario, Stelco Holdings Inc. is a Canadian steel corporation. Stelco was established in 1910 as a result of the merger of several smaller companies. It was in operation for nearly 100 years until it filed for bankruptcy in 2007 and was purchased by U.S. Steel Corporation. The company was sold to Bedrock Industries of the United States in 2016, and the company went public the following year. On November 3, 2017, the company made its public debut on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
However, although the Hamilton plant has not produced steel since 2011, its coke ovens and cold rolling finishing operations have continued to operate. At its Hamilton plant, the company employs approximately 750 people, while its greenfield facility Stelco Lake Erie Works in Nanticoke, Ontario, employs approximately 1,400 people.
An Insight into Stelco Jobs
Stelco is expanding, and now is an excellent moment to join their team of highly driven individuals who are working together to create a better future. Stelco jobs is a forward-thinking company with deep roots in the community, and Stelco jobs are looking for talented individuals who want to make a difference and participate in our successes. In their workplace, continuous learning, environmental responsibility, and the most stringent safety standards in the industry are all fundamental concepts, and Stelco jobs are always on the lookout for new team members who share these values.
Top 05 Jobs at Stelco
1. By-Products/ Chemical Operator
If you are looking for a prestigious Stelco Jobs then do consider this.
Requirements for the Position
- When it comes to operating or supporting the functioning of a manufacturing process, the capacity to apply judgement and acquire expertise is essential.
- The capacity to use sound judgement in order to manage and comprehend different processes, as well as the care and dexterity required to operate machinery in order to transport goods, materials, and equipment; and Working with carbon monoxide, hydrogen sulphide, benzene, and ammonia.
- To preserve and maintain the different facilities, it is necessary to exert a high degree of care and attention to the materials, goods, and equipment.
- Understanding, planning, and maintaining the efficient flow of materials and production, including the ability and fitness to perform all physical duties of required functions to maintain an acceptable level of productivity in primary production and/or rolling mill environment, are all essential requirements.
Qualifications for the Position
- Diploma or degree in Chemical Engineering or a similar field from an accredited post- secondary institution.
- An industrial or manufacturing setting with a minimum of two years of work experience is required.
2. Maintenance Planner
Concerning the position
- Planner for preventative maintenance.
- Safety is a Core Value of Stelco, and each employee is expected to put safety first in all of their work activities on a daily basis.
- The Area Manager of Maintenance for the Coke Ovens is responsible for the performance of this position.
- Using a computerised maintenance management system (CMMS) to order parts, update parts lists, and add/remove parts numbers.
- Parts procurement must ensure that replacement parts are accurate and appropriate, as well as that they are available in sufficient quantities.
- Attend downturn meetings and schedule preventative maintenance overhauls and tasks during the downturn period.
- Make changes to PM schedules, tasks, and jobs as needed.
- Participants in project teams with shared management responsibilities in mechanical or other areas as assigned will be considered for this position.
- Project responsibilities include the selection of contractors for tasks pertaining to the project.
- Make notes on your spending to bring up at your weekly budgeting meeting. Cost lists should be updated.
- A technician degree or higher in mechanical or related fields is required.
- It is preferred that candidates have hands-on experience in the metals industry and have developed troubleshooting skills that allow them to come up with innovative solutions and contingency plans in a short period of time, should the need arise.
- Those who have had hands-on experience in mechanics, millwrights, hydraulics,
or welding will be given preference.
- Proficient with Windows 7 and above.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite products.
- Experience with CMMS systems preferred but not necessary.
3. Application Architect
Qualifications for the position:
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Programming, MBA, or a comparable field of study is required.
- At least 10 years of expertise in software development, with a particular emphasis on manufacturing, is required.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, Microsoft solutions, mainframe systems, and other solutions.
- Knowledge of systems and software engineering is required in order to incorporate topic knowledge into software solution designs in the most efficient manner.
Stelco Job-related abilities and knowledge:
- Exceptional communication abilities, both verbal and written.
- Project Management and Scheduling capabilities.
- Excellent organising and multi-tasking abilities are required.
- The ability to operate both alone and collaboratively in a team setting.
- The capacity to advocate change and effective communication while contributing to the success of the team are also required of eligible applicants for this position as an individual contributor to this position.
4. Manager- Labour Relations
Qualifications, skills, and knowledge required for the position:
- Honours B.S. in Commerce with a concentration in Human Resources (HR)/Industrial Relations (IR), Business, or a similar area is required. A Master’s degree in Industrial Relations and/or the CHRP certification is desired.
- It is preferable to have 8-12 years of labour relations experience in an unionised industrial setting for this Selco Jobs.
- Extensive written, oral, and interpersonal communication abilities. Excellent organisational skills, as well as the ability to evaluate and justify challenging situations.
- Communication, leadership, problem-solving, and negotiation abilities are second to none.
- The ability to comprehend Contractual Agreements in depth.
5. Control Engineer
Job-related abilities and knowledge:
- Process Control theory, including sampling, filtering, signal processing, and PID control, are covered in-depth in this course.
- Excellent verbal communication, writing communication, and listening abilities.
- Excellent organising and multi-tasking abilities are required.
- An interest in advancing one’s professional career
- Provide technical assistance, diagnose problems, and monitor the operation of a wide range of drives in each of Stelco’s manufacturing sites.
- To update outdated drives, gather drive specifications, get quotations, assess various upgrade options, collaborate with suppliers to design the interface between the PLC and the drive, commission and start-up the new drive are all necessary steps.
- Coordinate the design and development of process improvements via the use of project management abilities.
6. Software Developer
Job Competencies and Knowledge
- A solid foundation in the theory of process control, including sampling, filtering, signal processing and PID control, as well as process modelling;
- Excellent communication, writing, and listening abilities are required.
- Excellent time management, organisational, and multi-tasking abilities;
- Analysis and mathematical skills that have been shown;
- 386 Wilcox St, Hamilton, ON L8L 8K5, Canada
- 2330 Haldimand 3, Nanticoke, ON N0A 1L0, Canada
How to Apply
Interested candidates immediately send your resume to below email address.
E-mail: [email protected]
Above we have mentioned some of the promising Stelco Jobs for you that you would love to apply for. You can also check recent Stelco Jobs opportunities by visiting their official website where you can get a piece of detailed information that you were seeking. If you have any more doubt then do connect with us.