GT’s Catering based in Ajax, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Sous-chef who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift schedules have yet to be determined. The position of Sous-chef has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: GT’s Catering
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $18.00 hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Ajax, ON
Ranks of chefs: Sous-chef
- The candidate will be expected to keep track of food costs, consumption, sales, and inventory.
- The candidate must demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to kitchen staff.
- The candidate must supervise the activities of specialist chefs, chefs, cooks, and other kitchen workers.
- The candidate must prepare and cook food on a regular basis, as well as for special guests or functions.
- The candidate must prepare and cook meals or specialty foods.
- The candidate must requisition food and kitchen supplies.
- The candidate must prepare dishes for customers who have food allergies or intolerances.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate or diploma from a 1 to 2 year College, CEGEP, or other non-university program.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be certified in Safe Food Handling, Emergency First Aid, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), and Food Safety.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate will be required to work for a catering company.
Experience and specialization
- Cuisine specialties include Caribbean and Latin American cuisines.
- Food specialties include Bakery items and desserts, Cereals, grains, and pulses, Dairy and eggs, Fish and seafood, Meat, poultry, and game, Stocks, soups, and sauces, as well as vegetables, fruits, nuts, and mushrooms.
Security and safety
- The candidate must be bondable.
- The candidate’s driver’s licence should be thoroughly checked for validity.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter