Ontario Public Service based in 30 Saint Andrew Street, Stratford, ON N5A 1A3 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Social Worker who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. With over 60,000 employees, the Ontario Public Service (OPS) is one of the province’s largest employers. In communities across Ontario, we offer a diverse range of meaningful and rewarding career opportunities.
We welcome new ideas and people, promote learning and development, and recognise and reward achievement. We provide challenging work as well as competitive pay and benefits. The organisational values of the OPS represent what the public service is striving for and the working environment that we are co-creating. These values guide our actions and interactions. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Term or contract or Full time job.
Employer Name: Ontario Public Service
Position: Social Worker
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $1,231.98 weekly for 36.25 hours per week
Employment type: Term or contract, Full time
Location: 30 Saint Andrew Street, Stratford, ON N5A 1A3
Target Audience: Adults
- The candidate will be required to act as an advocate for client groups in the community
- The candidate will be required to serve as a member of an interdisciplinary team working with a client group
- The candidate will be required to refer clients to agencies that provide financial assistance, legal aid, housing, medical treatment and other services
- The candidate will be required to provide consultation services to government and other organizations
- The candidate will be expected to provide counselling and therapy to clients in order to assist them in resolving social and personal issues.
- The candidate will be required to plan programs of assistance for clients
- The candidate would be responsible for interviewing clients to assess their situation and determine the types of services required and eligibility
- The candidate will be responsible for developing discharge plans for mental health inmates and other inmates as needed, in full collaboration with other professionals and other parties involved, such as family.
- The candidate will be expected to provide crisis intervention services, including the implementation of the Ministry’s Suicide Awareness Policy, as well as prepare and maintain appropriate assessment, progress, and statistical reports/records, such as psycho-social reports for the Ontario Parole and Earned Remission Board.
- The candidate will be responsible for coordinating inmates’ unique needs with appropriate institutional and community support services, drafting discharge plans, and advocating on inmates’ behalf for referral to support services/resources as part of the case management process.
- The candidate will be responsible for supporting in-house rehabilitative programmes as well as Accredited Ministry Core Rehabilitative Programs for the inmate population.
- The candidate will be required to complete risk/needs assessments using electronic LSI-OR, Offender Tracking Information System (OTIS), and OTIS Program Tracking.
- The candidate must provide social work consultation and training to institutional staff regarding inmate needs and status.
- The candidate will be expected to assess the efficacy of counselling and social services programmes.
- The candidate would be responsible for leading or organizing training to help subordinates develop their skills and continue to grow as professionals, something that can promote greater job resiliency.
- The candidate would be in charge of resolving conflicts within the team as well as assisting individuals who are dealing with particularly difficult cases or personal circumstances.
- The candidate would be in charge of encouraging ethical behaviour and ensuring compliance with industry regulations.
- The candidate will be required to participate in research and studies involving social work organisations.
- The candidate will be required to ensure that clients receive effective and appropriate services.
- The candidate will be required to participate in developing policies and procedures in all aspects of case management and investigation
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Previous experience is not mandatory.
- The candidate must have Membership in a provincial association of social workers
- The candidate must be capable of supervising working groups, committees, and staff in a variety of areas of responsibility.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate must have incredible multitasking abilities
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have an empathetic and trustworthy personality.
- The candidate should be Customer-oriented and friendly.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should have effective training skills to develop and present professional development sessions to panel agents and training programs to community partner organizations.
- The candidate should have good analytical and problem solving skills.
- The candidate should have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- The candidate should have strong critical thinking skills.
- The candidate should have interpersonal awareness.
- The candidate should be a good listener.
- The candidate should be patient enough to work through complex cases and with clients who require more time to progress.
- The candidate should have extensive knowledge of, and experience with, social work theories, principles, and practises, as obtained through a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) or a Master of Social Work (MSW) (MSW)
- The candidate must be able to create rehabilitative programs or treatment plans, as well as provide individual or group therapy and crisis intervention.
- To recommend appropriate classification placement, the candidate should be familiar with risk assessment tools as well as rehabilitative or treatment options.
- The candidate must be able to connect and build rapport with a diverse client population with a wide range of cultural, ethnic, and educational backgrounds.
- The candidate will be required to work in Correctional facility.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should be willing to handle large case load.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate must have excellent hand-eye coordination
- The candidate should be willing to work in sitting, standing and walking position for long hours.
- The candidate should be willing to handle large work load.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidates would get benefits as per collective agreement
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Job reference number- 179776
- Cover letter