Westwinds Restaurant based in Pembroke, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Restaurant Supervisor who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Westwinds Restaurant first opened its doors in 1989 as part of the Best Western Pembroke Inn & Conference Centre. Westwinds was completely renovated in 2015, from the dining room to the kitchen and everything in between. Privacy booth seating, guest dining tables, lighting, flooring, paint, interior design, and a completely new menu were all part of this remodelling project. Behind the scenes, some of the most talented people in the hospitality industry are constantly adding spice and variety to the Westwinds experience.
We’ve also added some very popular features and events, taking your dining experience to the next level. All of your favourite pub-style dishes are available on our menu at reasonable prices. Our culinary team prepares all menu items from scratch under the supervision of our Executive Chef. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Part time leading to full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Westwinds Restaurant
Position: Restaurant Supervisor
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $15.67 hourly for 15 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Part time leading to full time
Location: Pembroke, ON
- The candidate will be responsible for food service and quality control.
- The candidate will be required to address customers’ complaints or concerns
- The candidate will be required to train staff in job duties, sanitation and safety procedures.
- The candidate will be required to supervise and co-ordinate activities of staff who prepare and portion food.
- The candidate will be required to maintain records of stock, repairs, sales and wastage
- The candidate must estimate and order ingredients and supplies.
- The candidate would be in charge of establishing work schedules for employees and keep track of their performance.
- The candidate will be expected to devise methods for adhering to work schedules.
- The candidate will be required to supervise and check delivery of food trolleys.
- The candidate will be responsible for preparing and submitting reports
- The candidate will be expected to determine staffing needs.
- The candidate must be familiar with the establishment’s culinary genres.
- The candidate will be required to assess performance of subordinates and authorize promotions, transfers and disciplinary actions.
- The candidate must plan menus, determine food portion sizes, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies.
- The candidate will be required to prepare budget and cost estimates
- The candidate will be expected to hire food service personnel.
- The candidate will be required to ensure that standards of hygiene are maintained and that the restaurant complies with health and safety regulations
- The candidate will be required to determine type of services to be offered and implement operational procedures
- The candidate will be required to plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations.
- The candidate would be responsible for managing and organizing daily restaurant operations with a goal of controlling costs and providing a high quality experience to customers.
- The candidate would be responsible for delivering superior food and beverage service and maximizing customer satisfaction.
- The candidate would be in charge of regularly reviewing product quality and research new vendors
- The candidate will be required to appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- The candidate would be in charge of estimating future needs for goods, kitchen utensils, and cleaning supplies.
- The candidate would be responsible for keeping track of employees’ hours
- The candidate will be required to meet and greet customers, organise table reservations and offer advice about menu and other choices
- The candidate must ensure that all licencing laws and other legal requirements are followed.
- The candidate would be responsible for implementing policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations.
- The candidate would be responsible for ordering ingredients in the correct quantities for the kitchen staff.
- The candidate would be responsible for controlling operational costs and identify measures to cut waste.
- The candidate would be responsible for reviewing customer surveys to develop and implement ways to improve customer service.
- The candidate would be responsible for monitoring the restaurant’s cash flow and settling outstanding bills.
- The candidate would be responsible for checking in on dining customers to enquire about food quality and service.
- The candidate would be responsible for overseeing food preparation, presentation, and storage to ensure compliance with food health and safety regulations.
- The candidate would be responsible for overseeing the staff for the smooth running of the restaurant.
- The candidate would be in charge of ensuring that all services provided to customers are satisfactory.
- The candidate would be responsible for maintaining a strong relationship with suppliers and vendors.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 7 months to 1 year of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate must have Responsible Beverage Service Certificate
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude.
- The candidate must be able to remain calm in stressful situations
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The selected candidate have to supervise and monitor work of other workers.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and have strong organizational skills.
- The candidate should be Customer-oriented and friendly.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have acute financial management skills.
- The candidate must be able to supervise staff in a variety of areas of responsibility.
- The candidate should have strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience demonstrating leadership abilities.
- The candidate will be expected to supervise Food and beverage servers
- The candidate must be able to supervise 5 to 10 people.
- The candidate will be required to work in Restaurant.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate
- Candidates are required to wear uniform.
- For transportation, the candidate should use their own vehicle
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should be willing to work in sitting, standing and walking position for long hours.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in bending, crouching and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be willing to work in standing position for extended periods.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed.
- Financial and other benefits would be provided to the selected candidates.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidates would get Gratuities.
- In addition to the above mentioned financial benefits the selected candidates would get other benefits in the form of On-site amenities, On-site recreation and activities, Free parking facilities, Learning or training paid by employer.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.