Ramp agent – air transport
Air Canada based in Richmond, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Ramp agent – air transport who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Air Canada is the country’s largest domestic and international airline, serving over 210 airports across six continents. Air Canada is committed to Diversity and Inclusion and strives to create a healthy, accessible, and rewarding work environment that recognises employees’ unique contributions to the company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates to assist us in developing a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities in which we live and serve. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Early Morning and Morning
Employer Name: Air Canada
Position: Ramp agent – air transport
No. of vacancies: 25
Salary: $21.11 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Richmond, BC
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Previous experience is not mandatory.
- The candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The ideal candidate must be highly motivated with a positive and friendly attitude while providing excellent customer service to all of our customers
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate would be required to lift, carry, and load heavy weights as well as objects that could be fragile or awkwardly shaped.
- The candidate must be able to work both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
- The candidate must work in cold, cramped, and noisy conditions.
- The candidate will be required to wear a uniform and, on occasion, safety gear such as a high visibility vest, hard hat, or ear defenders.
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check
- The candidate must have airport security clearance.
- The candidate should pass the Medical exam
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in bending, crouching and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should be familiar with basic computer programmes in order to help with record keeping and baggage routing.
- The candidate should be familiar with airport safety procedures.
- The candidate should be able to read documents, follow instructions, and learn and understand ramp operations procedures, rules, and regulations.
- The candidate must be aware of potentially hazardous situations and capable of dealing with emergencies as needed.
- Even in stressful situations, the candidate must maintain composure, control emotions, control anger, and avoid aggressive behaviour.
- The candidate must be able to accept criticism and handle high-stress circumstances calmly and effectively.
- The candidate must be willing to accept new challenges and responsibilities.
- The candidate will be expected to lift, load, unload, and transport baggage, mail, and cargo from aircraft to airport in a safe manner.
- The candidate will be expected to maintain a disciplined work environment in accordance with business policies and procedures.
- The candidate will be expected to maintain on-time connections by guiding aircraft to and from gate positions.
- The candidate will be expected to safeguard baggage and other equipment against damage, loss, and weather conditions.
- When necessary, the candidate must operate ground support equipment such as aircraft stair units, container loaders, aircraft ground power units, water/lavatory service trucks, aircraft de-icing units, cargo dollies, and passenger vans.
- The candidate will be expected to assist with record keeping and documentation to ensure proper baggage routing.
- The candidate will be expected to follow safety guidelines and to maintain safe working conditions for themselves and others.
- The candidate will be expected to report equipment problems and breakdowns in order to expedite repairs.
- The candidate will be responsible for delivering passenger baggage to the claim area and unloading baggage onto the conveyor system.
- The candidate will be expected to clean the interior of aircraft cabins by hand, including sweeping upholstery, cleaning windows, galleys, and disposal containers in accordance with applicable paperwork.
- The candidate will be expected to provide friendly service to all internal and external customers and to maintain positive relationships with them.
- The candidate will be required to handle all aspects of loading, stowing, and unloading baggage, cargo airmail, air freight, ballast, and company materials according to a predetermined plan received either electronically or manually from an Operations Agent and submits a Cargo Bin Loading Slip (CBLS) to an Operations Agent either electronically or manually.
- The candidate will be responsible for reviewing cargo forms for accuracy and correcting forms as needed.
- The candidate will be responsible for clearing runways following a storm or heavy snowfall, de-icing aircraft, and ensuring that airside pavements and surfaces are debris-free.
- The candidate will be expected to clean and service restrooms, operate restroom carts, and dispose of contents in accordance with established procedures.
- The candidate will be required to perform provisioning agent duties such as stocking aircraft cabin interiors for flights with equipment and supplies such as literature, disposal and refuse containers, and commissary items in accordance with applicable paperwork, as well as maintaining an inventory of such items and supplies.
- The candidate will be expected to cross-reference baggage labels with passenger lists to ensure that the correct luggage is loaded onto the correct plane.
- The candidate will be responsible for transporting cabin and cleaning equipment from one aircraft storage area to another.
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that duties are completed efficiently in order for aircraft to arrive and depart on time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Job reference number