3D Geomatics Inc./3D Land Surveying Inc. based in Victoria, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Professional Land Surveyor who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. 3D Geomatics has specialised in engineering topographic surveys, construction layout, site plans, as-built surveys, and volume surveys for nearly two decades. 3D offers sophisticated technological solutions such as 3D laser scanning, machine control data support, UAV/drone capabilities, and hydrographic surveys to support some of our clients’ unique needs and provide alternative survey options.
From the conceptual stage to legal plan registration and title generation, 3D Land Surveying Inc. provides professional land surveying expertise and counsel in support of land development projects. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Full time or Permanent employment. The selected candidate will be required to work during day shift and flexible hours
Employer Name: 3D Geomatics Inc./3D Land Surveying Inc.
Position: Professional Land Surveyor
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $80,000 to $100,000 annually for 40 to 50 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Victoria, BC
- The candidate would be responsible for advising and consulting on legal survey issues.
- The candidate will be required to record all measurements and other information obtained during survey activities.
- The candidate would be responsible for marking and delineating boundaries and reference points on a property or section of land.
- The candidate will be required to presenting data to clients and preparing reports detailing legal boundaries and other relevant information.
- The candidate must prepare or supervise the preparation and compilation of all data and documents related to real property boundary surveys.
- The candidate will be expected to plan, direct, and supervise or conduct surveys to establish legal property boundaries.
- The candidate would be in charge of monitoring changes in the land during the construction process.
- The candidate will be required to develop survey plans, methods and procedures for conducting legal surveys
- The candidate will be required to certify and accept responsibility for surveys conducted to determine real property boundaries.
- The candidate would be in charge of conducting surveys and laying out subdivisions for rural and urban development.
- The candidate must be able to read and understand blueprints, maps, drawings, and specifications.
- The candidate must supervise other land surveyors and/or field crews.
- The candidate will be responsible for validating data and calculations.
- The candidate will be responsible for researching legal documents, survey records, and land titles to clarify information about property boundaries.
- The candidate should perform mathematical calculations to determine and confirm surveying measurements.
- The candidate will be required to travel to sites, when necessary.
- The candidate will be required to working in diverse sectors, such as construction, property, cartography (maps), offshore engineering and exploration.
- The candidate would be responsible for managing and monitoring projects from start to finish.
- The candidate will be expected to use electronic distance measuring equipment to determine precise positions.
- The candidate would be responsible for analysing data using geographic information systems (GIS) and drawing charts using computer-aided design (CAD).
- The candidate will be required to conduct research and consult historical maps and surveys, as well as legal documents, pertaining to the property or section of land being measured.
- When appropriate, the candidate will be expected to collaborate and work with project managers, construction crews, and government authorities.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Bachelor’s degree.
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 3 to 5 years of working experience in similar industry.
- A candidate who has a licence issued by federal, provincial, or territorial authorities is an advantage.
- A certificate issued by the Canadian Board of Examiners for Professional Surveyors (CBEPS) is an added advantage for the candidate.
- The candidate should have strong knowledge in traditional survey equipments.
- The candidate should have thorough knowledge in total station operation.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should able to supervise 5 to 10 people, monitor staff working in various areas.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should have strong critical thinking skills and knowledge of analytics.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should have good numeracy skills and the ability to make mathematical calculations.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should have the ability to analyse and interpret graphical data.
- The candidate should have good problem solving skills.
Field Skills Experience
- The candidate should be proficient in operating GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipments.
- The candidate should be well-versed in traditional survey equipment as well as total station operation.
- The candidate will be required to work in Real estate, Provincial or territorial government, Private sector land surveying establishments, Municipal government, Construction company, Federal government or agency and Engineering firm
- The candidate should be able to survey Topographic, Subdivisions, Law, Land development, Hydrographic, Geodetic, General urban, Engineering, Construction and Condominiums
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- The candidate should be proficient in AutoCAD and Computer-aided design (CAD).
- The candidate must be well-versed in Microsoft Word, Windows Excel, Access, Office, and Outlook.
Security and Safety
- The candidate must have a basic level of security clearance.
- Candidates are required to wear Steel-toed safety boots.
- The candidate must have a cell phone.
- The candidate should have access to a printer and the internet.
- For transportation, the candidate should use their own vehicle.
- The candidate should have valid driver’s licence
- The candidate should be willing to travel frequently
- The employer would cover the candidate’s travel expenses
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should have ability to distinguish between colours
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting, standing and walking positions
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed.
Work Location Information
- The candidate will be required to work in rural area, urban area and various locations.
- The candidate should be willing to work in an outdoor environment including hot, cold or wet weather conditions.
- Health, Long term, Financial and other benefits would be provided to the selected candidates.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidates would get Health care plan, Dental plan, Vision care benefits and Paramedical services coverage
- Under Long term benefits, the selected candidates would get Group insurance benefits, Life insurance, Maternity and parental benefits
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidates would get Bonus, Mileage paid and Stocks/shares
- In addition to the above mentioned health, financial and long term benefits the selected candidates would get other benefits in the form Free parking available, Learning or training paid by employer and Paid time off (volunteering or personal days).
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Proof of the requested certifications
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed