Ontario Public Service based in Toronto, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Nursing Supervisor who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Term or contract and Full time job.
Employer Name: Ontario Public Service
Position: Nursing Supervisor
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $90,348 to $135,178 annually for 36.25 hours per week
Employment type: Term or contract, Full time
Location: Toronto, ON
- The candidate will be required to lead the occupational health team in the delivery of occupational health and safety program/services through the development, implementation, evaluation and maintenance of standards and policies and procedures for occupational health care within correctional facilities and probation and parole offices across the province.
- The candidate will be required to manage the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of occupational health and safety program delivery strategies and frameworks to support occupational health services and related program delivery within the correctional facilities across the province.
- The candidate will be required to lead a team of occupational health nurses and oversee and coordinate the development and implementation of occupational health and safety programs and service initiatives to support institutions.
- The candidate will be required to manage and coordinate nurse schedule
- The candidate will be required to assign patients to nurses.
- The candidate will be expected to follow all relevant nursing standards.
- The candidate will be required to maintain quality assurance of nursing documentation and client records.
- The candidate will be required to create reports for senior management
- The candidate will be expected to follow nursing policies and procedures.
- The candidate would be in charge of educating and training new nurses.
- The candidate would be in charge of evaluating nurses’ engagement and performance
- The candidate would be in charge of informing patients’ family members about medical procedures and doctors’ instructions
- The candidate will be required to provide psychological and emotional support to patients and their family and friends
- The candidate will be required to provide clinical expertise in the management of medical and psychiatric emergencies
- The candidate will be required to establish a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring the proper operation of medical and administrative equipment by verifying emergency equipment availability, completing preventive maintenance requirements, adhering to manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, and requesting repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- The candidate will be in charge of keeping nursing supplies in stock by studying usage reports, identifying trends, anticipating needed supplies, and approving requisitions and cost allocations.
- The candidate would be responsible for maintaining cooperative relationships among health care teams through communication of information, response to requests, and participation in team problem-solving methods.
- The candidate must organise daily activities and ensure adequate staffing for these activities.
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring adequate coverage across all shifts..
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Bachelor’s degree
or equivalent experience
- Previous experience is not mandatory.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should have in-depth knowledge of hospital procedures
- The candidate should have outstanding patient management skills
- The candidate should be a problem solver with a positive attitude
- The candidate should have excellent leadership skills and the ability to inspire, engage, motivate, develop and mentor a diverse team to deliver on results.
- The ideal candidate will have prior experience with strategic planning and operational management, including workload and human resource management.
- The candidate should have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- The candidate must have incredible multitasking abilities
- The candidate must be able to remain calm in a stressful situation
- The candidate should be able to discipline employees.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate should have thorough knowledge of legal regulations and best practices in healthcare.
- To deal with highly visible, complex, and politically sensitive issues, the candidate must have good judgement and political acuity.
- The candidate must be able to prepare and present progress reports, briefing notes, and a variety of correspondence for senior officials.
- The candidate should have a track record of success in fostering a culture of continuous improvement, creativity, and excellence.
- The candidate should be a collaborative leader who has incorporated inclusion and diversity principles into all aspects of their management style.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.