Long haul truck driver
ATWAL BROTHERS TRUCKING INC. based in 206-8434, 120 Street, Surrey, BC V3W 7S2 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Long haul truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Overtime, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: ATWAL BROTHERS TRUCKING INC.
Position: Long haul truck driver
No. of vacancies: 6
Salary: $27.00 to $30.00 hourly for 50 hours per 50 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 206-8434, 120 Street, Surrey, BC V3W 7S2
- The candidate must drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- The candidate must load and unload goods.
- The candidate must obtain special permits and other documents required for international cargo transport.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate must perform brake adjustments.
- The candidate will be required to perform roadside emergency repairs.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must have an Air Brakes Endorsement and a Class 1/1F/A Licence (semi trailer trucks).
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate must be willing to relocate to the specified location.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about Accident or incident reports, Bill of lading, Driver logbook, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Maintenance and repair reports, Trans-border documentation and Trip reports.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate must be able to use GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation devices.
- The candidate must have long-haul transportation experience.
Security and safety
- The candidate must have a valid passport.
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough driver’s licence validity check, driving record check (abstract), and drug test.
- The candidate’s travel expenses will be covered by the employer.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence.
- The candidate must be willing to travel across borders.
- The candidate must be willing to travel for extended periods of time.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.