Threesixty Trucking Ltd based in Abbotsford, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Long haul truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, On Call, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Threesixty Trucking Ltd
Position: Long haul truck driver
No. of vacancies: 4
Salary: $27.00 hourly for 50 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Abbotsford, BC
- The candidate will be expected to respond to customer complaints or concerns.
- The candidate must drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- The candidate will be required to load and unload goods.
- The candidate must obtain special permits and other documents required for international cargo transportation.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be required to perform brake adjustments.
- The candidate will be required to perform roadside emergency repairs.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be expected to perform preventive maintenance.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate will be expected to transport and handle hazardous materials.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must have an Air Brake (Z) Endorsement and a valid driver’s licence (Class 1 or A).
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be familiar with accident or incident reports, driver logbooks, inspection reports (pre-trip, en-route, and post-trip), maintenance and repair reports, trans-border documentation, and trip reports.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- The trucking and equipment type is tractor-trailer.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate must be able to use GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation devices.
- The candidate must have prior experience running long-distance trips.
Security and Safety
- The candidate’s driving record should be thoroughly investigated (abstract).
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions
- The candidate must have a cell phone.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
31408 Homestead Cres