Q’wemtsin Health Society based in 130 Chilcotin Road, Kamloops, BC V2H 1G3 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Licensed practical nurse (L.P.N.) who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The candidate must work on the day shift from 08:30 a.m. to 16:30 p.m.
Employer Name: Q’wemtsin Health Society
Position: Licensed practical nurse (L.P.N.)
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $25.00 to $35.00 hourly (To be negotiated) / 35 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 130 Chilcotin Road, Kamloops, BC V2H 1G3
- The candidate must administer medication as well as observe and document therapeutic effects.
- The candidate must take vital signs, use aseptic techniques such as sterile dressing, control infection, monitor nutritional intake, and collect specimens.
- The candidate will be expected to provide safety and health education to individuals and their families.
- The candidate will be expected to provide nursing services to patients within a defined scope of practise based on patient assessment and care planning procedures.
- The candidate will be expected to monitor patients’ progress, evaluate the effectiveness of nursing interventions, and consult with members of the healthcare team as needed.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate or diploma in other trades.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must be eligible for practical nurse licensure in the province/territory of employment, as well as have completed the Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Examination, a CPR Certificate, and a First Aid Certificate.
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate must have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate must be interpersonally aware.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate will be required to work in a physician’s office, a home care and visiting care agency, a hospital/medical facility or clinic, and a public or community health centre.
Experience and specialization
Area of specialization
- The candidate must be knowledgeable in Geriatrics.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal record check, driving record check (abstract), tuberculosis test, and vulnerable sector check.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence.
- The candidate must have their own transportation.
- Employer will provide the vehicle.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- Health, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan, Paramedical services coverage and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Life insurance, Pension plan, Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA).
- In addition to the Health and Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Free parking, Paid time off (volunteering or personal days) and Wellness program.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Proof of the requested certifications