Canadian Armed Forces based in Kentville, NS is inviting applications from suitable applicants for the position of Infantry soldier who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The Canadian Armed Forces are Canada’s unified military, consisting of sea, land, and air elements known as the Royal Canadian Navy (RCN), Canadian Army, and Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF). The land component of the Canadian Armed Forces is the Canadian Army. We train and supply troops to protect and defend Canada. The Canadian Army is in charge of the operational readiness of the Canadian Armed Forces’ conventional ground forces.
The Royal Canadian Navy is Canada’s naval force. The Royal Canadian Navy (RCN) is one of three environmental commands in the Canadian Armed Forces. The RCN has 12 frigates, four attack submarines, 12 coastal defence vessels, eight patrol class training vessels, one offshore patrol vessel, and several auxiliary vessels as of 2021. The Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) is a branch of the Canadian Armed Forces. It defends and protects Canadian and North American airspace in collaboration with the US. The RCAF also helps to maintain international peace and security. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Part time leading to full time job. The shift timings include Evening and Weekend
Employer Name: Canadian Armed Forces
Position: Infantry soldier
No. of vacancies: 5
Salary: $98.00 daily for 12 to 36 hours per month
Employment type: Permanent employment, Part time leading to full time
Location: Kentville, NS
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma .
- Previous experience is not mandatory.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be authentic.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have strong decision making skill.
- The candidate should have good analytical and problem solving skills
- The candidate must have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate will be required to have exceptional listening skills and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- The candidate should be self-disciplined and trusted to work independently, as well as capable of working with minimal supervision.
- The candidate should be confident.
- The candidate will be able to accept and carry out orders from superiors.
- The candidate must have a basic level of security clearance.
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate
- The candidate should be willing to work in an outdoor environment for long hours.
- The candidate will be required to work in wet or damp, dusty and hot or cold environments.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate will be required to work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should be required to handling heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should have ability to distinguish between colours.
- The candidate will be required to serve in the field, defending our country against any threats that may arise on the ground.
- As the ground combat force, the candidate will be expected to capture, destroy, and deter enemy forces, assist in reconnaissance, and help mobilise troops and weaponry to support the mission.
- The candidate will be expected to perform security patrols or look for enemy combatants, post guard duty, conduct military attacks and defence, and accompany and protect others.
- The candidate will be expected to assist in reconnaissance operations, employ, fire, and recover anti-personnel and anti-tank mines, locate and neutralise mines, and operate, mount/dismount, zero, and engage targets using night vision sight.
- The candidate will be expected to build field-ready firing aids for infantry weapons.
- The candidate will be required to process captured prisoners of war and documents.
- The candidate will be responsible for leading an infantry team in combat operations, providing tactical and technical guidance to subordinates, and providing professional support to both superiors and subordinates in the performance of their duties, as well as leading, supervising, and training subordinate personnel.
- The candidate will be expected to record operational data on maps.
- The candidate will be expected to receive and carry out combat orders, as well as direct personnel deployment in offensive, defensive, and retrograde operations.
- The candidate will be expected to assess terrain and supervise the emplacement of sighting and firing all assigned weapons.
- The candidate must be able to use maps and map overlays, perform intersection and resection, and calculate elevation and grid azimuths.
- The candidate will be expected to lead a fire team during a movement to contact, reconnaissance and security, an attack, defence, situational training exercises, and all infantry dismounted battle drills.
- The candidate will be responsible for supervising the construction of hasty fortifications as well as the receipt, storage, and distribution of ammunition.
- The candidate must operate communications equipment, vehicles, intrusion detection equipment, and crew-served weapons.
- Health and Long term benefits would be provided to the selected candidates.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidates would get Dental plan.
- Under Long term benefits, the selected candidates would get Pension plan.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
1400 Lanzy Rd
B4N 4H8 Between 09:00 AM and 04:00 PM
902-678-7930 extension 2121 Between 12:00 AM and 11:30 PM