2017210 Ont Inc. based in Thunder Bay, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Human Resources Officer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Gary’s Towing & Equipment Xpress is a local towing company dedicated to providing skilled, safe, and cost-effective towing and recovery services. Gary’s Towing & Equipment Xpress offers 24 hour auto towing, heavy duty towing, heavy truck recovery, and heavy equipment hauling in Thunder Bay, Nipigon, Longlac, Upsala, Ignace, and Highways 11, 17, and TCH in Northwest Ontario. We can tow your car or recover a heavy-duty semi-truck, no matter how big or small the job.
Our experienced team of tow truck drivers is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for all of your local and long-distance towing needs. If you need heavy truck recovery, our Wreckmaster Certified operators can help with heavy duty truck accident recovery, cargo cleanup, and HAZMAT services. We will provide you with dependable service you can rely on at prices you can afford for all of your emergency towing and heavy duty recovery needs. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening and Morning
Employer Name: 2017210 Ont Inc.
Position: Human Resources Officer
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $28.95 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Thunder Bay, ON
- The candidate will be expected to provide advice on personnel rules and practises to managers and employees.
- The candidate will be responsible for supervising personnel clerks who will be responsible for filing, typing, and record-keeping.
- The candidate will be required to review candidate inventories.
- The candidate will be expected to contact potential applicants in order to set up interviews.
- The candidate will be expected to identify current and future staffing needs.
- The candidate must prepare and post notices and advertisements.
- The candidate will be expected to advise job applicants on the requirements for employment as well as the terms and conditions of employment.
- The candidate will be responsible for informing applicants of the results of the selection process and preparing job offers.
- The candidate must organise and manage staff consultation and grievance procedures.
- The candidate will be required to negotiate appeals and disputes, as well as coordinate the termination of employment process.
- The candidate will be responsible for determining entitlement eligibility and arranging staff training.
- The candidate must provide information or services such as employee assistance, counselling, and recognition programmes.
- The candidate will be responsible for gathering and screening applicants.
- The candidate will be expected to recruit college, university, and other educational institution graduates.
- The candidate will be expected to co-ordinate and participate in selection and examination boards that will be used to evaluate candidates.
- The candidate will be expected to respond to enquiries and concerns from employees.
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all employees are organised and happy in their workplace.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing all employees’ health and safety.
- The candidate must ensure the meticulous implementation of payroll and benefits administration.
- The candidate will be expected to collaborate closely with the Payroll Department to ensure that workforce information is kept up to date and that any issues are identified and resolved. To meet payroll deadlines, issue accurate payroll instructions.
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and proper record-keeping of employee information in electronic and digital formats.
- The candidate must document and track human resource actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- The candidate will be required to provide HR management information reports such as absence data, staff lists, payroll costs, and so on. Work on information requests, ensuring timely and accurate responses.
- The candidate will be expected to keep a filing system in order to keep documents and information organised and easy to find.
- The candidate will be expected to collaborate with management to ensure that all information (e.g., jobs, hours, etc.) is up to date.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Bachelor’s degree
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 2 to 3 years of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate should be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The ideal candidate will be data-driven.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should be hardworking.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be good listener
- The candidate must be able to complete complex administrative tasks with minimal supervision
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have leadership skills to take control of a situation and make quick decisions when necessary
- The candidate must be able to work with sensitive information.
- The candidate should have an eye for details to submit work or send communications without error.
- The candidate should have the ability to work quickly without compromising quality
- The ideal candidate will be familiar with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- The candidate should have a basic understanding of labour laws.
- The candidate must be approachable and helpful.
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate should have strong critical thinking skills.
- The candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Word, Windows, Excel, Office and Outlook.
- The candidate having hands on experience in Spreadsheet, and Electronic Mail is an added advantage
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options