North Star Inn & Suites offers beautifully renovated large rooms and excellence in guest customer service. Located downtown within walking distance to Prince Georges, University Hospital of Northern British Columbia, they have an amazing team of staff members dedicated to making the guests feel relaxed and at home. North Star Inn & Suites thrives to meet the expectations of their clients in the best possible ways.
In May of 2018, North Star Inn & Suites was rebranded and went through major renovations that included new carpets and tiling, fresh paint, bathrooms plumbing, furniture and lighting upgrades. New renovations also included upgrading their guest security. New installations include over 15 security cameras, upgraded parking lot lighting with LED lighting fixtures. Brand new RFID door guest and public room door locks were also installed to enhance their guest security.
North Star Inn and Suites based in Prince George, BC, is looking for Housekeeping Manager with 2 vacancies. The ones chosen to be employed will be required to start as soon as possible. Shifts will vary from Day to Weekend to Evening and Morning. The vacancies refer to that of permanent employment and a full time job.
Employer Name: North Star Inn and Suites
Position: Housekeeping Manager
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: Salary $18.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Full time
Location: Prince George, BC
- Will be needed to schedule and assign duties of housekeeping staff.
- Will be needed to respond to complaints of guests.
- Will be needed to plan and co-ordinate activities of housekeeping supervisors and crews.
- Will be needed to maintain inventory of supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Will be needed to establish and implement operational procedures for housekeeping department.
- Will be needed to ensure that local health and sanitation regulations are carried out.
- Will be needed to ensure that safety standards and departmental policies are met.
- Will be needed to conduct performance evaluations and appraisals.
- Will be needed to co-ordinate inspection of assigned areas.
- Will be needed to supervise staff.
- Will be needed to supervise in-house laundry services.
- Will be needed to hire and dismiss staff.
- Will be needed to co-ordinate in-house laundry services.
- Will be needed to co-ordinate maintenance and repair services.
- Will be needed to co-ordinate dry cleaning and valet services.
- Should have the ability to supervise more than 5 to 10 people; Staff in various areas of responsibility.
- The size of Dormitories / Student Residence include less than 50 beds.
- The size of Hospital / Health Institution include less than 50 beds.
- The size of Lodging Operation (Hotels, motels, resorts etc.) include less than 50 rooms.
- The Work Setting is either Hotel or motel or resort.
- Should have Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience.
- Should have at least 2 years to less than 3 years of experience in the concerned field.
- No smoking us allowed in the premises.
- Should have Valid driver’s license.
- Should be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Should pay attention to detail.
- Should be able to manage tight deadlines.
- Should be able to work under pressure.
- Should be able to manage large workloads.
- Should be initiative.
- Should be flexible.
- Should be focused on clients.
- Should be a team player.
- Should have effective interpersonal skills.
- Should have interpersonal awareness.
- Should have excellent oral communication and very good written communication.
- Should be dependable and reliable.
- Should give importance to values and ethics.
- Should have clarity of judgement and should be very well organized.
- Should know English.
- North Star Inn and Suites promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including the member of groups like Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada and Youth.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in applying, apply through the given options.
1550 Victoria St
Prince George, BC
1550 Victoria St
Prince George, BC
V2L 2L3 Between 10:00 AM and 12:00 PM