The Governing Council of The Salvation Army based in Ottawa, ON is looking suitable applicants for the position of Housekeeping Attendant who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The Salvation Army is a Christian multinational organisation that began operations in Canada in 1882 and has since grown to become one of the country’s largest non-governmental direct providers of social services. The Salvation Army provides practical help for children and families, frequently with basic requirements of life, as well as refuge and rehabilitation for those who have lost control of their lives due to addiction. The Salvation Army exists to spread the love of Jesus Christ, to address human needs, and to be a transforming force in our world’s communities.
We are a forward-thinking partner, ready to provide hope wherever there is adversity, and to help communities become more just and aware of Jesus’ love. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to part time or permanent employment. The shift timings include Evening, Night, Weekend and Flexible Hours.
Employer Name: The Governing Council of The Salvation Army
Position: Housekeeping Attendant
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $15.45 hourly for 16 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Part time
Location: Ottawa, ON
- The candidate would be responsible in cleaning walls, windows and ceiling.
- The candidate will be required to vacuuming carpeting, area rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture
- The candidate would be responsible in stocking linen closet.
- The candidates will be required to pick up debris and empty trash containers.
- The candidates would be responsible in handling and reporting lost and found items
- The candidates would be in charge of dusting the furniture.
- The candidate will be required to notify managers of necessary repairs.
- The candidates would be responsible in distributing clean towels and toiletries.
- The candidates would be responsible in attending to guests’ requests for extra supplies or other items
- The candidates are required to make sure whether the beds and sheets are changed.
- The candidates would be responsible for disinfecting operating rooms and other areas.
- The candidates would be in charge of cleaning the changing rooms and showers.
- The candidates would be responsible in cleaning and disinfecting elevators.
- The candidates should ensure in providing basic information on facilities
- The candidates would be responsible in cleaning, disinfecting and polishing kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances.
- The candidate would be responsible for sweeping, mopping, washing and polishing floors.
- The candidate will be required to inform authorities of any accidents that may occur during the course of cleaning.
- The candidate will be required to sweep driveways and walkways.
- The candidate should ensure that all rooms are cared for and inspected according to standards.
- The candidate should ensure in protecting equipment and making sure there are no inadequacies.
- The candidate will be required to clean up spills with appropriate equipment.
- The candidate will required to deal with reasonable complaints/requests with professionalism and patience.
- The candidate would be responsible for maintaining a safe and tidy environment while also paying attention to clients or service users’ wishes.
- The candidate should ensure the security of guest rooms and privacy of guests.
- The candidate would be responsible in maintaining correct and adequate record of all work completed, reporting faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard immediately, and carrying out routine checks often throughout the day in order to ensure that all communal areas are clean and well presented.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 2 to 3 years of working experience in similar industry.
- The ideal candidate must have Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have the ability to adapt to changing schedules.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have sound knowledge of cleaning supplies and cleaning techniques.
- The candidate must be able to maintain a professional appearance while also interacting positively with guests.
- The candidate should have ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance.
- The candidate should be Customer-oriented and friendly.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should have the ability to work quickly without compromising quality.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication.
- The candidate will be required to work in Commercial building and Health care institution, facility or clinic.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- Candidates are required to wear steel-toed safety boots.
- For transportation, the candidate should use their own vehicle
- The candidate is able to travel by public transportation
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- This is a fast-paced environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should be required to handling heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be willing to work in standing position for extended periods.
- The candidate should be willing to work in sitting, standing and walking position for long hours.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in bending, crouching and kneeling positions.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
Work Location Information
- The candidate will be required to work in Urban area.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidates would get Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP).
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Job reference number- 9/22